cd-slash

cd-slash

Is there a way to assign a maximum height to a Kino.Frame, beyond which it would become scrollable? I have a (very) long form, which I would like to display in a scrollable frame rather than making the page extremely tall.

Showing Posts 1 to 4

jonatanklosko

jonatanklosko

Creator of Livebook

Hey @cd-slash, there’s no API to do that at the moment, but I’ve just added it on Livebook and Kino main : ) Add :max_height option for Kino.Layout.grid/2 by jonatanklosko · Pull Request #479 · livebook-dev/kino · GitHub

cd-slash

cd-slash OP

Amazing! Great solution - putting the max height option on Kino.Layout.grid/2 is much nicer than making the frame itself scrollable. Thanks!

cd-slash

cd-slash OP

Do I need to do anything beyond specifying the :max_height option to get this to limit the height of the grid? I have pulled the code from the repo with Mix.install([{:kino, git: "https://github.com/livebook-dev/kino", branch: "main"}]) and it allows me to specify :max_height, but the scrolling does not seem to be working. Test code example is much taller than 50px but does not scroll:

Kino.Layout.grid(
  [
    Kino.Text.new("hello"),
    Kino.Text.new("world"),
    Kino.Text.new("hello"),
    Kino.Text.new("world"),
    Kino.Text.new("hello"),
    Kino.Text.new("world"),
    Kino.Text.new("hello"),
    Kino.Text.new("world"),
    Kino.Text.new("hello"),
    Kino.Text.new("world"),
    Kino.Text.new("hello"),
    Kino.Text.new("world"),
    Kino.Text.new("hello"),
    Kino.Text.new("world"),
    Kino.Text.new("hello"),
    Kino.Text.new("world"),
    Kino.Text.new("hello"),
    Kino.Text.new("world"),
    Kino.Text.new("hello"),
    Kino.Text.new("world"),
    Kino.Text.new("hello"),
    Kino.Text.new("world"),
    Kino.Text.new("hello"),
    Kino.Text.new("world")
  ],
  max_height: 50
)
jonatanklosko

jonatanklosko

Creator of Livebook

@cd-slash you need to use Livebook main as well for now : )

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews