grangerelixx
Any suggestions on how to load dependency of factory in seeds file?
factory.ex
alias Test/Utils/TextGenerator
def post_factory(attrs \\ %{}) do
%Post{
body: TextGenerator.text_fake()
}
end
seeds.exs
{factory, _} = Code.require_file("factory.ex", "./test/support/") |> hd()
alias Blog.Posts
{time, _} =
:timer.tc(fn ->
tasks =
Enum.map(1..100, fn _ ->
Task.async(fn ->
post =
factory.post_factory
|> Map.from_struct()
Enum.each(1..100, fn _ -> Posts.create_post(post) end)
end)
end)
Task.await_many(tasks, 20_000)
end)
This is the error I get…
** (UndefinedFunctionError) function Blog.Utils.TextGenerator.text_fake/0 is undefined (module Blog.Utils.TextGenerator is not available)
Blog.Utils.TextGenerator.text_fake()
test/support/factory.ex:23: Blog.Factory.post_factory/1
priv/repo/seeds.exs:34: anonymous fn/1 in :elixir_compiler_1.__FILE__/1
(elixir 1.11.3) lib/task/supervised.ex:90: Task.Supervised.invoke_mfa/2
(elixir 1.11.3) lib/task/supervised.ex:35: Task.Supervised.reply/5
(stdlib 3.14) proc_lib.erl:226: :proc_lib.init_p_do_apply/3
Function: #Function<2.133263724 in file:priv/repo/seeds.exs>
Args: []
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
Other Trending Topics
A new screencast on live LiveView updates with PubSub, the Oban Web dashboard, and smarter retries. Part 2 of 2. Screencast + full walkth...
New
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
al2o3cr
A typical approach with using factory-ish files in
seeds.exsis to includetest/supportwhen compiling indev:(normally only
:testincludes that directory)This should avoid any need to manually invoke
Code.require_file.grangerelixx
This did work but it would make all the files in test/support or just even the required files available everywhere in dev with an import or alias. Since it is required only in seeds.ex, is there way to have dependencies only in the file, and not the path?
grangerelixx
Since
Code.require_filecan require only one file, is there any other function that will support multiple files in my case here?