dergraf

dergraf

Hey everyone! :waving_hand:

I’ve been working on a side project for the last 4 months that I’m excited to share—it’s called ProxyConf! ProxyConf is a control plane for Envoyproxy, designed to make Envoy configuration simpler and more manageable through OpenAPI specs.

Unlike most Envoy control plane projects, which tend to be written in Golang, I built ProxyConf entirely in Elixir. After 10 years of working with BEAM languages, I’m continuously impressed with how well Elixir handles reliability and concurrency. It’s been the perfect choice for efficiently building robust systems, and the functional approach aligns really well with this kind of control plane use case.

That said, ProxyConf is still a work in progress. It’s starting to take shape, but there’s more to be done before it’s ready for wider use. Once it’s polished and has a stable API, I’ll make a proper announcement with a deeper dive into its features and capabilities.

For now, I’d love to hear any thoughts, suggestions, or early feedback if you’re curious. Looking forward to sharing more soon—thanks for reading!

Cheers,
Andre

Showing Posts 1 to 2

aos

aos

This looks great! I’ve worked a lot with Envoy, but not at the control plane level. Going to dig through this. I see you also have a flake in there, this will make bringing up the environment much easier :slight_smile:

dergraf

dergraf OP

Hi @aos

Thanks for your message. Please let me know if you need some clarifications :wink: documentation is still pretty low.

Can you share more about your experience with Envoy? What kind of use case were you addressing?

Cheers,
Andre

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in RFCs Top

manuel-rubio
There was some time when I started thinking about giving a boost to Lambdapad, the initiative from @garretsmith in Erlang that I loved wa...
New
Agostinho1965
Hey everyone — I’m putting together a practical, code-first book on building production-ready business applications with Phoenix LiveView...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews