benonymus

benonymus

Hey there,

I am trying to generate svg qr codes with this packages:

and it generates something, the svg code it seems,
and I want to send this code in json as a response, but the code that I am getting after pasting it into any svg renderer doesn’t seem to work, it doesn’t show anything.

here is the svg code: "<?xml version=\"1.0\" standalone=\"yes\"?>\n<svg version=\"1.1\" xmlns=\"http:/ - Pastebin.com

Why can this be? Or what am i missing?

EDIT:
if someone in the future would stumble upon this, you can unescape your json on this site for testing:

Showing Posts 1 to 7

NobbZ

NobbZ

Are you pasting exactly that code into an SVG renderer or do you print it first to resolve escapes and quotes properly?

benonymus

benonymus OP

i was just putting it straight into a renderer

NobbZ

NobbZ

You need to make sure its properly unquoted/unescaped first for most renderers I think…

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
<svg version="1.1" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" xmlns:ev="http://www.w3.org/2001/xml-events" width="275" height="275"
      shape-rendering="crispEdges">
<rect width="11" height="11" x="0" y="0" style="fill:#fff"/><rect width="11" height="11" x="0" y="11" style="fill:#fff"/>
<!-- and so on -->
</svg>

How you can create an SVG from your JSON-string programmatically, I’m not sure… That massively depends on your libraries used clientside and how exactly you encode the SVG into JSON…

benonymus

benonymus OP

Actually it seems like if i pipe IO.inspect like so:

base
      |> EQRCode.encode()
      |> EQRCode.svg()
      |> IO.inspect

the printed out stuff looks the same as the one in the pastebin:
a little taste:

"<?xml version=\"1.0\" standalone=\"yes\"?>\n<svg version=\"1.1\" xmlns=\"http://www.w3.org/2000/svg\" xmlns:xlink=\"http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink\" xmlns:ev=\"http://www.w3.org/2001/xml-events\" width=\"275\" height=\"275\"\n      shape-rendering=\"crispEdges\">\n<rect width=\"11\" height=\"11\" x=\"0\" y=\"0\" style=\"fill:#fff\"/>
NobbZ

NobbZ

If you want a pasteable output from within elixir, you need to IO.puts rather than IO.inspect.

benonymus

benonymus OP

ohh, that works, but then the one I send, as my response, why is that not like that?
because it gets encoded?

NobbZ

NobbZ

Well, its JSON encoded, and a JSON encoded string looks pretty much like one that is inspected.

Therefore, how to render this as SVG on the clientside, is pretty much JS stuff and nothing I could help you with.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews