Within the next 3 months I’m looking to start a new chapter in my career, looking for a remote full-time role as a senior developer, principal engineer, architect, or CTO.
My name is Maxim Chernyak, and I’m currently located in Central NY, USA (4 hours from NYC). I have 15 years of dev, startup founder, and CTO experience, most of which were in Ruby on Rails. In the last 3 years I’ve been building production apps in Elixir and Phoenix. I specialize in back-end/API and GraphQL development, DevOps, infrastructure as code (Terraform, Docker, Ansible, Chef), and generally architecting full stack applications.
What I’ve built with Elixir
- Bleacher Report’s March Madness Bracket Game - Built the back-end and infrastructure: Elixir, Phoenix (powering React), AWS Aurora, AWS CodePipeline, AWS Autoscale. Showcased at Crossfield.
- Salt Lake Screaming Eagles Backend and Live Playcalling - Built the back-end and infrastructure: Elixir, Phoenix + Channels (powering the live playcalling experience), Ruby + GraphQL (powering React and React Native fronts). Featured in New York Times.
- CxLeaderboard - an open source library for fast, full-featured leaderboards.
- USOpen Bracket Game - currently building in Elixir/Phoenix.
See more of my work history on my linkedin profile.
- I love open sourcing things.
- I’ve worked closely with (and dabbled myself in) React, React Native.
- I sometimes blog at hakunin.com.
- I consider empathy and communication the 2 most important skills in programming.
Let me know if you’re interested in hiring me!