Senior backend developer - ChainAPI, Remote

ChainAPI is the integration platform for Airnode, the API gateway for smart contracts running on blockchains. ChainAPI is a founding member of API3, which builds blockchain-native, decentralized APIs with DAO-governance and quantifiable security. See the whitepaper for more information about API3 and how ChainAPI is instrumental in solving the smart contract–API connectivity problem at scale.

We are an internationally distributed team, and the work is fully remote. Our core hours are 09:00 UTC–15:00 UTC.

(Note: I also work at ChainAPI and I’m posting this behalf of him)
My name: Andre Ogle
My position: CTO
Company name: ChainAPI
Company website: https://www.chainapi.com/

About the job

Job title: Senior backend developer
Job description:

• Work on building out the backend REST API for ChainAPI
  • Review and provide feedback for code written by other team members
  • Play an active role in the design and architecture of our solutions
  • Work with the product owner and team to define and mature tasks
  • Learn new technologies as needed

Salary range: $100k/year
Position on remote work: Only full remote, core hours are 09:00 UTC–15:00 UTC
Qualifications or experience required:

• 5+ years of professional experience as a software developer
  • Able to be online during core hours
  • Proficient with Elixir and TypeScript
  • Good grasp of modern software development tools and processes (testing frameworks, CI/CD, version control, etc.)
  • Experience with blockchain technologies, specifically an understanding of the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM)

Bonus qualifications:

• Experience with relational databases like PostgreSQL
  • Experience with scaling web applications

What the successful job applicant will be working on: We will be building ChainAPI, which is a platform for API providers to integrate their services to blockchains and a platform for blockchain developers to integrate API services to their decentralized applications. Accordingly, ChainAPI is a combination of a traditional Web platform and a decentralized application.

About the interview process

You will have multiple interviews with high level technical team members who you will be working closely with.

Further info
This is a very suitable position for senior developers who are looking to break into blockchain development while utilizing the full experience they have accumulated from working on traditional web development.
Feel free to mail to me directly about the job at andre@chainapi.com

4 Likes

Hello, would you consider a candidate from the China?

Hi @chaichai , we require teammates to be online 09:00 UTC–15:00 UTC for effective communication, and we don’t recommend candidates to apply if this will be prohibitive to having a healthy schedule. Otherwise, we don’t have a preference about where teammates reside.

I am interested

core hours its when the team its connected, means that i need stay the full range or my schedule can match with the range in some part, for example i can start in the mornings and work the last 3 hours of the range and the rest after the daywork ends

this its viable for the team? how much time must be worked inside the range of time?

@apoorv-2204 see the original post for the contact info

@nicolkill we prefer a 100% overlap but relevant domain experience (especially with EVM) reduces the need for real-time communication, so this is negotiable in some cases

1 Like

Hey @andre

Hope you care doing well. I have great expertise in Elixir and other mentioned skills and would love to share with you.

Let’s connect and discuss more.

my email: ammar.hussain786133@gmail.com

Best,

Hello Andre,

Is the position still available?

Thank you for the applications, the position is no longer available