Forza Football is looking for Elixir developers to join our talented team (remote or in Gothenburg, Sweden).
My name: Julia Shumishyna
My position: HR Assistant
Company name: Forza Football
Company info and history:
Forza Football is a team of 25 people from 10 different countries, passionately crafting solutions using modern technologies to redefine the world of football in terms of access and equality.
We’re based in the heart of Gothenburg, Sweden, and our free football academy is in Siem Reap, Cambodia.
Our motto is that if the team is feeling well, the company is feeling well. That’s why we created what we believe is one of the best ways of working where every employee has the autonomy to create a good balance between work and free time. As with everything, we strive to make the work environment and our products even better.
We are dedicated to building high-quality mobile products for football fans all over the world. We are in this game for the long term and we will exist for the next 100 years. With your help, we will be able to reach our next goal of 300 million users and deliver scores to every fan and for every single match in the world. Together we can make the world of football a better place and available for everyone.
Forza Football is bootstrapped and profitable, which means no interference from investors. We have full control over our company and products, and we build things we are proud of. We keep everything simple, and avoid lengthy company policies and bureaucracy. We value self-reliance, and believe the success of the company relies on the actions of each individual.
About the job
Job title: Senior Backend Developer
Qualifications or experience required:
- Experience with Elixir and OTP: you have developed applications for production use
- An interest in systems that are highly available, resilient, and run at scale
- Sense of craftsmanship: you strive for code quality and maintainability, write tests as part of your coding routine
- Knowledge about caching strategies, message queues and service-oriented architectures
- An understanding of setting up infrastructure and managing Linux servers
- Experience with deployment tooling, monitoring, alerting, data visualisation, load testing and/or live system debugging
- Strong communication skills. Be a team player, pay attention to detail, and be not afraid to share unconventional ideas
- Good oral and written skills in English, as Forza Football operates globally, and many employees are international
What the successful job applicant will be working on:
You will be working on the services that power our mobile apps—from the API that serves millions of clients to the push notification system that keeps our users up-to-date on their favourite football teams and competitions. You will have the benefit of working together with an Elixir Core team member in a small group of skilled developers and designers dedicated to building top-tier mobile products for football fans all over the world.
The Forza Football app covers over 800 leagues and competitions in more than 100 countries. The app has over 10 million installs and over 3 million monthly active users. At peak hours our platform handles thousands of requests per second and sends millions of push notifications.
Find out more and apply here: https://forzafootball.teamtailor.com/jobs/279937-senior-backend-developer