Senior Backend Engineer (Elixir) - Berlin, Munich, or Remote

Shore GmbH is an international startup based in Munich (with an office in Berlin) that provides SaaS solutions for small and medium-sized companies. Currently, we are growing our multicultural backend team from 10 to 12 engineers. Our stack is Elixir/Phoenix, Ruby, PostgreSQL, MongoDB with microservices orchestrated by Kubernetes and RabbitMQ.

About us

My name: Marcelo De Polli
My position: Architect Engineer
Company name: Shore GmbH
Website: Shore - The complete digital solution for your business
Company info and history (how you’re using Elixir etc): We have decided to use Elixir for all services written since 2019. Before that, the main language was Ruby. We’re also starting a process to rewrite key business flows, so it’s a great time to have an impact on the codebase and bring in that BEAM love!

About the job

Job title: Senior Backend Engineer
Job description: You’ll have a healthy mixture of product-oriented as well as technical tasks, interfacing with product and frontend teams on a daily basis. We’re very open and transparent in everything we do and we care to make sure you’ll be having the best impact you can.
Salary range: EU market standard
Position on remote work: We offer full remote or relocation (Munich/Berlin)
Qualifications or experience required: We don’t require a specific minimum experience as we understand time doesn’t necessarily translate to productivity, knowledge or ability to work well in a team. Some Elixir experience is required.
What the successful job applicant will be working on: You will be helping us to write new services in Elixir and to maintain them, setting good standards for the future.

About the interview process

• Call with recruiter (30 min)
  • Technical call with Backend team - Systems design session (90 min)
  • Code challenge (~1 week, but flexible)
  • Pair programming session (1 hour 30 min)
  • Final chat - cultural fit (1 hour)

Further info

For more details and to submit applications, please visit https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2678117113/

1 Like

What does ‘EU market standard’ mean? In my experience this means: Senior skills and junior salary :slight_smile:

Even after more than 20 years as a software developer, I now get offers that are one the same level like my first starting salary 20 years ago.

5 Likes