Senior Elixir Backend Developer @ Intellispark (Full-time, Remote within US or Toronto,CA)

Introductory paragraph
Intellispark is a mission-driven K-12 education technology company building a new SaaS solution to improve the way educators, families and communities collaborate to help students succeed. Intellispark is backed by leading ed-tech investors and is led by a passionate and experienced team of entrepreneurs who know the market well and have previously succeeded in this space.

About us

My name: Shaun Fanning
My position: Co-founder/Chief Product Officer
Company name: Intellispark
Company info and history:
We built a small MVP with Rails for validation with some pilot customers and are currently in the process of building out our initial production release in Elixir/Phoenix. We have just closed a seed round of funding and are now building out an initial core engineering team of 3 to 4 developers.

About the job

Job title:
Senior Backend Developer

** Salary Range**
Competitive pay and equity

Job description:
We are looking for a senior Elixir developer to lead development of our core web application and the API supporting our mobile applications. This is primarily a backend development role utilizing Elixir/Phoenix/Absinthe/Postgres. You will be part of a small focused team that ships frequently as we iterate with feedback from early adopter customers. This is a great opportunity to work on a greenfield tech stack and have a large influence on the trajectory of a company, product and engineering team.

Position on remote work:
The entire team currently works remotely although most of us are based near Arlington VA. This position can be remote as long as you are within the continental United States or if you are located in Toronto, Canada.

Qualifications or experience required:
Experience with Elixir is strongly preferred but not an absolute requirement. At a minimum you should have senior and broad production experience with a modern development language and web framework such as Python/Django, Ruby/Rails, Scala/Play, etc.

Strong data modeling, data manipulation, architecture and testing skills

Track record of shipping real-world software and a customer-centric mentality

You are comfortable in a small team/startup environment where pragmatism and drive to ship is crucial

Ability to communicate clearly and interact well with product managers and other stakeholders

About the interview process

1. Apply via this link
  2. Initial conversation with me
  3. Coding challenge/technical discussion
  4. Additional team member interviews
  5. Job offer

Further info
If you have a quick question before applying, feel free to email me at shaun.fanning@intellispark.com. Otherwise please use the application link to submit your information.

1 Like