Taxfix - Senior Elixir Engineer, Berlin (onsite)
Contact: Matthew Bertenshaw, Senior Talent Partner
Original role posting: https://taxfix.de/en/careers/open-position/4316718002/
Salary: Up to €80K + stock options
Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We’re working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 250+ professionals from 40 different nationalities, we’re rich in ideas and voices. In four years, we’ve raised over 100 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than 400 million euros.
Our cross-functional team structure gives developers a broad scope of our stack. We’re passionate about decentralised, end-to-end ownership and deep collaboration. We live our development values by learning from one another through internal meetups, hackathons, and dedicated tech communities.
- Be part of the core Elixir development team working on our Tax Engine expert system.
- You will be expected to learn and excel at the implementation and optimization of AI algorithms for Automated Reasoning and Knowledge Graphs.
- Be involved in important product decisions and work closely with the whole team to deliver top-notch Apps.
- Be active in our internal open source communities, and be an ambassador for Elixir within the company.
Our team is looking for someone who is pragmatic, applies the best software engineering principles to build simple abstractions for complex problems, and who enjoys working in an agile environment.
- Passion for crafting high quality and elegant code.
- At least 3 years of work experience as software engineer
- Great functional programming skills with interest in Elixir language.
- Experience developing systems in Elixir or Erlang is a plus.
- Experience or interest in Expert Systems is a big plus
- Previous experience building maintainable and scalable systems based on reliable and fault-tolerant services.
- Experience of handling systems in production environments and participating in on-call duties.
- Good understanding of how to build scalable and highly available systems
- Experience in taking ownership.
About the interview process
- Recruiter Screening
- Technical interview
- Code challenge
- Hiring manager interview