Senior Elixir Engineer DeeMoney - Bangkok, Thailand, Remote Asia

Introductory paragraph

DeeMoney is a Payments / Remittance company located in Bangkok, Thailand. We’re the one and only FinTech in Thailand that is currently working to change the landscape of the financial markets. We’re a financial institution licensed by the Central Bank of Thailand

We’re giving people a new option for sending cross border payments for a lower price. We’re all about running a lean engineering team that is truly focussed on building great products.

Our team is a small high-performing team. We have an in-house core banking that is built purely in Elixir / Phoenix. The project is an Umbrella Application that contains all the modules necessary to process any kind of payments.

We also have a very interesting architecture, that enables “programmable” payments Pipeline.

About us

SawasdeeShop is the mother company behind DeeMoney. We’ve been around for 20+ years. Over the years the company has built shipped many products, given the change in the product landscape SawasdeeShop transitioned from a telecoms company into a FinTech.

In 2017 We were awarded the license to operate a Money Transfer Business. We built and shipped the MVP in 2018 and in 2019 we realized we needed a local team. We focussed on building an internal tech team and chose Elixir as the language of choice for the foundational technology that powers our suite of products today.

Our company has grown in transaction volumes over the last year and we’re still growing. We need people who would like to be on this journey with us.

My name: Zack Siri
My position: CTO
Company name: DeeMoney
Company info and history (how you’re using Elixir etc): Elixir is the foundational technology that powers our Core Banking engine. We also use elixir build auxiliary services that support the transaction engine.

About the job

Job title: Senior Elixir Developer

Job description: We’re looking for someone who is able to work with Elixir programming language, have strong background with the elixir ecosystem. Has worked with PostgreSQL and most importantly loves building and shipping products for people to use.

We’re looking for someone who loves to be a part of the team and loves talking about technology and has interest in how the payments industry works.

We expect senior to have at least 2-3 years of experience working with Elixir / Phoenix and PostgreSQL.

Salary range: $45,000 - $55,000
Position on remote work: You can work remote but we’re working on Timezone GMT+7 you need to be able to work around the same time as the team.
Qualifications or experience required:

• 2-3 Years experience with Elixir
  • 2-3 Years experience with PostgreSQL
  • Worked with REST API
  • Worked with Git Workflow
  • Experience with CI / CD

What the successful job applicant will be working on:

You’ll be working with a team member, to learn about the core banking. Our financial system has the concept of “Apps” you’ll learn the framework that will allow you to quickly build financial “Apps” in our Banking Engine. You’ll work with a Team Leader on growing the network by connecting to partner APIs writing tests. Helping the team Solve technical problems.

About the interview process

You’ll be interviewed by the CTO and Team Leader. You’ll be asked about some personal information (we want to know you) and also asked about your technical ability. You’ll be asked to talk about your past work. What you’ve done etc…

If you have code examples for us to see on Github / Gitlab / Bitbucket or anywhere else we will also be taking a look at that.

Further info

You can reach out directly to me please send in your CV zack.siri@deemoney.com

4 Likes

Could you offer help with relocation Zack? I am sure lots of people would love the idea of moving to Thailand :003:

5 Likes

Hi Aston

Yes we can also help with relocation. We can issue work permit. We have helped a couple of developers relocate.

3 Likes

This sounds like a great project. I spent three years traveling in this area and was always dismayed when I realised how much people had to pay of their salary to send money home to family who relied on them. Glad to know you are doing this. I am curious who your target market is and also whether you are planning to expand to other countries? Out of curiosity, are you leveraging lightning network?

1 Like

No we are not using lightning network. We built our own network and tech stack.

2 Likes

Also to answer your question.

1. Who our target market is

Anyone who wants to keep most of their earnings when sending money cross-border.

2. Do we plan on expanding to other countries?

Yes this is definitely in the works. As of right now we allow sending FROM Thailand to > 40 countries. However we will also enable sending FROM other countries eventually.

Great! I am very excited for your project. Very nice name as well. Translates to “GoodMoney”, right?
You will make a big difference in the lives of people who can do with help. Instead of a business that employes 10 people, you are building something that can effectively give millions of people a *+% raise!

1 Like