Integrating with third-party platforms has looked the same for the two decades: shuffling data across bespoke and limited JSON APIs. Want to help change that?
My name: Eric Goldman
My position: Co-founder
Company name: Sequin
Company website: Sequin.io
Company headquarters (country): USA
Company info and history:
Sequin is the fastest way to build applications on top of APIs. At our core is a bidirectional sync between APIs (Salesforce, Stripe, etc) and databases. This makes it easy for developers to work with their third-party data. We eliminate HTTP requests, caching, polling, webhooks, etc.
We’re early-stage but backed by amazing investors like Kleiner Perkins. We’re already working with some great customers, many of whom you’d recognize (see some on our landing page.)
We’re building our founding team, growing from 4 → 7. This is a special time: you’ll play an instrumental role in shaping everything from our culture, to our engineering workflow, to our product’s design and architecture.
Our platform engineers earn their stripes in distributed systems. Ideally 5+ years of experience – we’re solving some very hard and classic problems here. We are all in on Elixir/Phoenix.
About the job
Job title: Platform Engineer
We’re searching for engineers to join our founding team. These engineers are a special breed: entrepreneurial self-starters. Ambitious. Creative. Optimistic. Energetic. High-integrity.
Experience is important, but we care most about raw horsepower. This will be a high-growth ride for all of us.
- Work in Elixir/Phoenix (back-end) and TypeScript/Tailwind (front-end).
- Are self-starters who like to be left to autonomously figure out solution to their challenges.
- Are naturally curious and enjoy stepping in to learn something they don’t have experience in.
- Read about programming in their free time.
- Have a ship it attitude and a willingness to iterate to the right solution as opposed to build it perfectly upfront.
- Are optimists.
- Value clear, frequent communication (we do a lot of reading & writing)
Salary range: $180K - $220K
Position on remote work: We’re remote and like to meetup as a team every 4 months in a fun place.
Qualifications or experience required:
- 5+ years of working full-time as a software engineer (exceptions can be made for the right candidate)
- [Strongly Preferred] Experience working with distributed and concurrent systems.
- [Preferred] Experience integrating third-party APIs.
- [Bonus] Functional programming experience.
- [Bonus] Experience tinkering with Postgres, be it performance tuning or writing robust trigger functions.
- [Bonus] Cloud infrastructure experience (we use AWS.)
What the successful job applicant will be working on:
- Building a data-driven sync system that works with any API.
- Fan out a single sync process to N developer databases.
- Two-way syncs.
- Mocks and stubs for writing automated tests on top of third-party data.
- ORM generators.
- Client SDKs in every major language that let our customers trigger functions in their code based on any change to third-party creates/updates/deletes.
- Build the best internal suite of tools to build, test, and monitor new integrations.
- Co-locate a sync process in a customer’s cloud region (lower latency).
About the interview process
To Apply - Email JoinUs@sequin.io, subject: Working at Sequin
In place of a cover letter:
- Tell us what most excites you about applying to join Sequin.
- Tell us about the most impressive thing you’ve ever built.
We’re building an all-star team of brilliant people. Our hiring process is designed to help us find and uncover the talents of every applicant. After you apply, you can expect a quick reply and the following process:
- 30-minute Introduction: We’ll get introduced and spend 30 minutes learning if we’re both aligned.
- 90-minute Interview: We’ll step through each chapter of your career and dig into your wins, losses, and growth.
- Technical Interview: Depending on the role, you’ll meet our team and collaborate on solving problems.
- References: Talking with your former bosses and colleagues is a crucial part of our process. We’ll want to talk to at least three references.
- Offer: We’ll make an offer
Check out our careers page →