Senior Elixir/Phoenix LiveView Engineer - Lynceus, Paris, France, Remote EMEA + East Coast US

Introductory paragraph

We are building a distributed AI models’ mesh to assist production of silicon chips at the biggest fabs in the world.

To apply, visit our career page.

About us

My name: Vlad Luzin
My position: VP, Product & Engineering
Company name: Lynceus
Company website: www.lynceus.ai
Company headquarters (country): France
Company info and history:

At Lynceus, we are building the first predictive OS for high-value manufacturing .

We provide software with edge/cloud hybrid architecture, deployed within manufacturing process control tools. We are building a scalable generic product, supported by the most robust machine learning models. Today, our platform leverages manufacturing data and in-house process comprehension to predict the performance of manufactured goods and systems.

We are venture-backed and currently in the process of raising a Series A round to accelerate our growth.

Our tech stack is Elixir/Phoenix LiveView for BE/FE with Python for the AI side.

About the job

Job title: Senior Elixir/Phoenix LiveView Engineer

Job description:

You are a generalist with a bias for action. We are early stage, so we all jump from frontend to backend to infra, so some level of flexibility and curiosity is necessary, regardless of the role title.

We are a distributed team, in different time zones and countries. You are expected to be proactive and self-guided.

Elixir/Phoenix are at the core of our product and you will have an opportunity to influence the architecture and tech decisions. Moreover, we are establishing the required best practices and tech stack ahead of expected growth post Series A.

Salary range: Competitive, DOE + equity

Qualifications or experience required:

• 5+ years of experience in using one or more from React/JS/Ruby/Rails/Django/PostgreSQL
  • 2+ years of experience with Elixir/Phoenix LiveView
  • Proficiency in HTML, CSS (TailwindCSS)
  • Understanding of pubsub, message queues, real-time processing concepts
  • Good grasp on networking concepts (we are building a distributed system afterall :slight_smile:
  • Experience designing APIs
  • Experience in dev operations in a cloud-based infra like AWS
  • Experience with Docker and containerized environments
  • Experience shipping and maintaining production applications

What the successful job applicant will be working on:

• The full stack Phoenix LiveView application
  • The mesh of distributed AI models using Phoenix.PubSub/Channels
  • Elixir/Python layer to interact with AI models
  • Contribute and maintain the CI/CD pipeline for Elixir based applications
  • Collaborate on product features with research scientists, other engineers and customers

Position on remote work

Remote job: Yes
Remote restrictions: EMEA
Remote leeway: US East Coast for exceptional candidates

About the interview process

• 30 min initial screening with HR
  • 30 min technical screening with VP Engineering
  • 90 min technical interview with Engineering Manager and VP Engineering
  • 30 min fit interview with CTO and CEO

Further info

Please apply here.

Why us?

• Competitive salary and equity compensation based on experience
  • Opportunity to join a growing startup and be a key success factor
  • Chance to work fully remote from your chosen city
  • Office in the center of Paris
  • Team Rituals and Off-sites: Spain? France? Morocco?
  • Benefits (e.g. Meals & transportation refund) depending your base country
2 Likes

Hello Vlad,

I can currently not apply as an Engineer but I’m searching for a 3 months internship to conclude my Bachelor in Computer Science in France (2nd year) where I would be able to deep dive into elixir and phoenix. I also really appreciate the start-up environment that Lynceus is in and the multidisciplinary approach of your project.

I have gained experience outside of my studies (including elixir during a voluntary internship) and I’m willing to work hard. It would be my pleasure to elaborate more on this in a further discussion.

I noticed that your website lists internship opportunities, but none appear to be Elixir related. Would you be open to considering an internship focused on Elixir?

Thank you,
Aimé Risson

Send your CV and we’ll take a look. Cheers!

I’m 16, I live in France ! I’m SENIOR :hear_no_evil::joy:

Hi Vlad, thank you for the consideration!
I will send it to you shortly in your DMs.