Senior Engineer Elixir/Phoenix/Ruby on Rails - Remote

Introductory paragraph

We are a digital service provider in Basel, Switzerlad focusing on the growing digital health market. Since the sector is growing, so are we. Our goal is to build a remote team to develop digital solutions to todays challenges in a market that still is in love with Fax machines. Our main target market is Germany at the moment.

About us

My name: Otto
My position: CTO
Company name: doc.coach AG

We are a digital service provider in Basel, Switzerlad focusing on the growing digital health market. Since the sector is growing, so are we. Our goal is to build a remote team to develop digital solutions to todays challenges in a market that still is in love with Fax machines. Our main target market is Germany at the moment.

About the job

Job title: Senior Engineer Elixir/Phoenix/Ruby on Rails
Job description: Backend Development in Phoenix
Salary range: TBD
Position on remote work: Remote

What we offer

• Friendly team
  • Chance to work on something that benefits humans, not just trying to extract a profit
  • Interesting technologies and challenges
  • We consider you a human first, not a machine that money falls into and code comes out
  • Remote work, flexible time and location
  • We are looking to build a team in the long term, if you want to be part of this, now is the moment

What we expect

• Experience in agile development
  • Very good English communication skills, we need to be able to understand each other well and communicate efficiently
  • German is a plus, but not a requirement
  • Be based in Europe
  • Experience with architectural choices in phoenix applications
  • Development will be in the digital health sector, as such, a strong security mindset and a very professional handling of data and processes is a necessity
  • We have some production systems in Ruby on Rails, therefore a familiarity with RoR is certainly helpful

Job description

This is a development position, you are expected to understand the basics tools (git, your favourite editor (vim obviously ;)) etc.)

• We are migrating our backend from RoR to Phoenix
  • Knowledge in RoR is a plus
  • Solid knowledge in Elixir and Phoenix
  • If you are comfortable with Erlang, that is certainly useful
  • We are using WebSockets a lot

About the interview process

If you are interested, please contact me at otto@doc.coach with your CV and maybe a couple of lines about your specific experience and motivation. I will get back to you via mail.

5 Likes

Position is filled, thanks to all who applied.

1 Like