We at Marko strive to make second-hand the first choice. We will make buying and selling second hand online easy, fun and secure with our next-generation marketplace.
- Step 1 Make buying and selling second-hand an amazing experience
- Step 2 Invite everybody to join our community
- Step 3 Make it even better
Join our dynamic and driven team and help advance the economy.
Let’s make Switzerland (and later more countries…) more sustainable and less wasteful!
My name: Luca Mausberg
My position: Founder / COO
Company name: Marko Switzerland AG
Check out our design components: Try here
Company info and history: we are using the PETAL stack and are building the whole C2C marketplace from scratch
We rallied some of the biggest brands in Switzerland behind our mission and expanding our team with key players.
About the job
Senior Frontend Engineer (TailwindCSS, AlpineJS)/ Junior Elixir Engineer (LiveView)
We’re looking for an experienced individual contributor (IC) who enjoys working alongside other experienced engineers and designers to quickly build and iterate on frontend.
- Build the core, user-facing product. You’ll build new areas of the product from the ground up, having a huge and direct impact by shipping your work to users daily. You’ll collaborate with backend engineers to power your UI and your LiveView components.
- Use modern web tech and influence the stack. We use the PETAL (Phoenix, Elixir, TailwindCSS, AlpineJS, LiveView) stack to build a best-in-class frontend that scales. We always have an open mind for new technologies.
- Build complex and delightful UI components. You’ll interpret and implement designs in LiveView templates (HEEx) based on anything from pen & paper sketches to pixel-perfect Figma mocks. You’ll collaborate with the designers on CSS, interaction states, and animations.
- Implement interactivity with LiveView. You build out simpler components yourself, for more complex components you collaborate with more experienced engineers and assist them as much as you can while secretly learning from them.
- Solve interesting technical problems. Bring your full creativity to solve super-challenging technical and UX problems: from search and recommendation experience, checkout and order flow, to the user area with real time chat.
70-110k CHF + equity with multiple options based on your desire for ownership.
Position on remote work:
Remote (currently only looking for candidates within Europe)
Qualifications or experience required:
You’re a senior IC that has built scalable online platforms before and this is not an area you have to ramp up on. We don’t require formal qualifications but do value learning — especially from one another. We are looking for someone that feels a sense of duty to the users of their work.
- Used TailwindCSS in production before. You are a strong supporter of utility classes in CSS and have used it build complex projects before.
- Technical background as junior elixir engineer. After experiencing the burden of an overly complex SPA with SSR in production and having seen the maintenance cost accompanied with it, you started to look for better solutions and found Phoenix Liveview, Elixir and functional programming. You started to educate yourself and use the technology in your personal projects. You felt the joy it brought back to your craft and now you want to transition into a full time position, where you work with it on a daily basis and grow as an elixir engineer.
- Startup culture. Build new things from ground up is hard and requires a different mentality, than iterating on an existing product. Having experience in a green field product and lived through the journey of a new product is a big plus.
- Highly productive while producing quality code. You are diligent about your solution, stay consistent in your approach and clean up your code before you ship it. You value the readability of your code and the control flow highly.
- Curious and quick learning. We don’t expect you to have production experience in every technology we use, but to learn and be productive quickly. You’re always open to candid feedback from experienced co-workers and will improve and pickup on new skills autonomously.
- Design sensibility. While you’ll co-craft the interface with top designers and other engineers, we expect you to have a knack for great UX, such that you feel if something is off and can flag it, or better yet, polish it.
- Attention to detail while pragmatic. We strive for few slips in code, Git hygiene, and clear written communication — all while remaining low-ego and simply focusing on solutions.
- Good heart. We don’t tolerate jerks and are generally just friendly people.
About the interview process
- Send along links that best showcase the relevant things you’ve built, and tell us briefly why you’re interested in joining Marko.
- Get invited to short introduction interview
- Dive deeper in a technical interview and take us through some code of you
- Final interview with all the founders
Learn more at https://work-at.marko.ch or DM me if you have any questions.