Humanly seamlessly brings together people and AI through conversation. Our chat technology screens and schedules candidates for companies with high applicant volume, while our conversation intelligence engine ensures those candidates receive a quality, equitable interview. We empower companies to present their best selves, improving the candidate experience and helping remove bias from the hiring process.
As a Y-Combinator (W20) graduate with robust seed funding, we’re excited to bring on new team members who are energized by an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment with fantastic growth potential. You’ll have a chance to work with an extremely talented group of folks who challenge each other and are focused on making a big impact.
We are fully remote and offer flexible working hours, though employees are expected to attend company meetings in the Pacific Standard time zone.
My name: Bryan Leptich
My position: Co-founder & CTO
Company name: Humanly
Company website: https://humanly.io
Company headquarters (country): United States
Company info and history: Founded in 2019, we help hiring teams and candidates be successful through innovative technology, commitment and fairness, using Elixir as the back-end for all our web applications.
About the job
Job title: Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for full stack software engineers with a back-end focus, who bring a diverse set of ideas and a versatile skill set. We need those with great leadership qualities that can manage project priorities in a collaborative and cross-functional environment, and can use their technical expertise to think innovatively and deliver high quality software end-to-end. As a senior member of our engineering team you will design, develop, test, deploy, and maintain all of Humanly. You will work primarily on the back-end of our web applications with some occasional front-end, touching every component in the web development stack.
Salary range: $130k - $170k USD
Position on remote work: Fully remote if the applicant is based in the US.
Qualifications or experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 5 years experience in software development with one or more programming languages.
- At least 2 years of experience launching software products from conception to production.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Strong software architecture and design skills.
- Self-motivated, independent, and detail oriented, with excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Interest in functional programming.
- Experience with relational databases.
- Experience with Elixir, Elm or other functional programming languages.
- Experience with HTML/CSS.
What the successful job applicant will be working on:
- Design, development, testing, and maintenance of production software applications.
- Participate in and/or lead engineering team meetings and design reviews.
- Review code from other developers to ensure consistent use of best practices, such as style, accuracy, testability and efficiency.
- Collaborate with the entire Humanly team to continuously improve our products, services, and process.
About the interview process
Our interview process consists of multiple stages:
- 30 minute screen - introduction to each other and determination of whether we’re aligned.
- 60 minute interview - discussion on your professional experience, what you’ve learned, and how you’ve grown.
- Technical interview - evaluation of your technical and problem solving skills.
- 30 minute culture screen - meeting with a non-technical team member evaluating cultural fit.
- Reference checks - provide us at least three former colleagues we can contact for a reference.
Please apply through our wonderful application