- Are you a developer who loves Elixir/Liveview and/or would be very interested in developing in Elixir?
- Do you want to play a huge role in the future of the blockchain / NFTs?
- Do you like or love online games or metaverses?
- Do you want to get in early with a very small company where you can make an outsized impact?
Hawku is looking for a few experienced Elixir developers to join our charter team.
Hawku is creating the premier marketplace for utility and gaming NFTs - a multi-billion dollar industry that is exploding in growth. Hawku launched in June 2021 as a data-analysis site for Zed.run and within 3 months reached 3M monthly page views. Hawku is backed by some of the top VCs in the web2.0 and crypto industries including Lightspeed Venture Partners, Dragonfly Capital, Multicoin Capital and Alameda Research.
You can read more about our seed round and vision here: Hawku Raises $4M From Top Crypto Investors to Build the Premier Gaming and Utility NFT Marketplace
My name: Charlie Graham
My position: Founder & CEO
Company name: Hawku, Inc.
Company info and history:
I wrote up a Q&A on how I got started and how we are using Elixir on Elixir Forum! Sponsor Spotlight: Hawku
About the job
Job title: Senior Elixir Engineer
You will be one of the first key members of the Hawku team.
You will be working with a technical, data-driven and product-focused team. The founder is an Elixir developer and MBA with 20+ years of experience starting and growing companies.
You will be working on developing the central Hawku marketplace web app, linking together game and meta-verse specific data with for sale and bid listings - all in Elixir.
As a charter member of the team you will have the opportunity to not just develop products but also shape the future of the company and an entire industry.
This is a very unique opportunity to get in very early in a new fully-remote venture building a really fun product with huge growth potential.
Salary range: Market Rate depending on experience. Equity and benefits included.
Position on remote work: Company is remote. Must have at least 3 hours in sync with PST work hours.
Qualifications or experience required:
- You have 4+ years of software engineering experience ideally with at least one Elixir project. Otherwise you have ample experience in Ruby or Python.
- You are customer focused - you are motivated by how to best solve customer’s problems - not just the hottest tech. You get excited seeing customers jump up and down for joy when talking about your products.
- You ideally have experience in a start-up environment
- You have an understanding of the full software development lifecycle
- You love intellectual challenges and are intellectually curious.
- You believe in Elixir and want to help grow the Elixir ecosystem by (among other things) producing and open-sourcing web3 tooling for Elixir.
- You enjoy companies that are scrappy, and are able to do more than less.
- You like data.
- You are goal oriented and tend to thrive on execution (i.e. you get stuff done.)
- You like things that are simple over complicated
- You have a witty sense of humor (or at least can tolerate bad puns).
The company works in a PETAL framework (Phoenix, Elixir, Tailwind, Alpine, Liveview) with some web3 add-ons in Typescript.
Elixir experience is preferred but the language is easy to learn and love. Experience in Python or Ruby with a desire to learn Elixir is also acceptable.
What the successful job applicant will be working on:
About the interview process
Submit your application to the link below.
Qualified candidates will have:
- a 30 minute screen video chat
- A technical assessment which may or may not include a small paid consulting project which usually is open-sourced. Project is not necessary if you have already submitted ample open source Elixir code to Github.
Please see the full job description at Senior Elixir Developer at Hawku
Excited to have you join the team!