SmartRent is an enterprise smart home automation company developing software and hardware that empowers property owners, managers and homebuilders to effectively manage, protect and automate daily operational processes.
Our solution is designed to provide property managers seamless visibility and control over all their communities assets while delivering additional revenue opportunities through all in one home control apps for residents.
Elixir is our primary backend language of our techstack. Our extensive product line consists of web and mobile software for property owners and managers, residents and system installers as well as connected hardware that remotely monitors and controls smart locks, readers, gates, lights, thermostats, outlets, cameras and sensors. SmartRent streamlines operations for community staff, enhances the resident experience and provides property owners with a digital layer of asset protection.
About the job
Job title: Senior Software Engineer II
Job description: Click here!
Salary range: $130,000.00 - $170,000.00 plus bonus and benefits
Position on remote work: 100% Remote
Qualifications or experience required:
- 5+ years professional experience in software development using backend programming languages (e.g. Elixir, NodeJS, Ruby, Python, PHP, etc.)
- 5+ years experience programming with SQL or other relational databases.
What the successful job applicant will be working on:
- Design, create, and update functionality for the tools, systems, software, and sites that support our customer success team, dispatchers and installers.
- Identify opportunities to improve the user experience for the platforms, increase efficiency, and informational flow.
- Engage internal teams (CS, engineering, QA, Product, Marketing, HR, etc.) and external parties for help in implementing features.
- Create data links, lambdas, and APIs necessary for the successful delivery of content.
- Compile reports and metrics on the effectiveness of development projects.
- Consult on database development and informational management and implement the same.
About the interview process
Step 1: Recruiter Screen (15 - 30 min)
Step 2: Technical interview w/Engineering Manager - Enterprise Smart Homes (60 min)
Step 3: Live Coding Assessment w/ Engineering Manager - Enterprise Smart Homes (30 min)
Step 4: Final Coding Assessment & Debrief w/Engineering Team - (60-90 min)