SmartRent is an enterprise smart home automation company developing software and hardware that empowers property owners, managers and homebuilders to effectively manage, protect and automate daily operational processes.
Our solution is designed to provide property managers seamless visibility and control over all their communities assets while delivering additional revenue opportunities through all in one home control apps for residents.
We are looking to fully leverage the amazing technical foundation we have built on with Elixir and OTP across our platforms. Drive innovation in our service communication and clustering technologies built with Elixir/Erlang.
About the job
Job title: Senior Software Engineer - Platform (Elixir)
Job description: Click here!
Salary range: $143,000.00 - $157,000.00 plus bonus and benefits.
Position on remote work: 100% Remote
Qualifications or experience required:
- 5+ years professional experience in software development using programming languages (e.g. Elixir, NodeJS, Ruby, Python, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience programming with SQL or other relational databases.
What the successful job applicant will be working on:
- Design, create and update functionality for the internal tools and systems that support our core platform.
- Work with our growing teams and services to deliver reliability & performance at scale.
- Promote observability through library development and instrumentation.
- Help scale our services by increasing the reliability and improving performance and observability of our services to meet our ever-increasing data volumes.
- Engage directly with internal teams (Engineering, QA, Hardware, etc) to collaborate on solutions and improvements across our growing suite of services.
- Drive innovation in our service communication and clustering technologies built with Elixir/Erlang.
- Expand our event-driven architectures and apply SOLID design principles to solve distributed system problems at scale.
- Keeps observability throughout our system as a top priority.
- Builds and maintains internal libraries and packages.
About the interview process
Step 1: Recruiter Screen (15 - 30 mins)
Step 2: Technical interview w/Director of Platform Engineering (60 min)
Step 3: Live Coding Assessment w/Director of Platform Engineering (60 min)