My name: Bryce
My position: Recruiter
Company name: Generac Grid Services
Company info and history (how you’re using Elixir etc): Our products are leading the charge to a sustainable energy future by enabling global power grid operators to increase their usage of renewable energy.
Job title: Senior Software Engineer
Job description: Product Development
Position on remote work: Remote
Qualifications or experience required: 6+ years
What the successful job applicant will be working on:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- You have 6+ years of professional experience in the software industry
- You have shipped a production service in Elixir
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- You write clean code with well-reasoned decisions and tradeoffs
- You are a self-motivated problem solver and require minimal direction
- You believe in the necessity of testing
- You care about your work with strong attention to detail
- You are a strong communicator and capable of working with many diverse stakeholders
- You are excited to learn from a team with a diverse set of skills, as well as challenge team members to help them learn and grow
- You enjoy working in highly collaborative environments
- You are willing to iterate through solutions
- You are excited to work in complex domains
- You are excited to lead other talented engineering professionals
Technologies we use
We have a platform written in Elixir/Elm. You do not need to have experience with all of these technologies and practices, but candidates who most closely match our stack will be preferred, in order of importance:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Add new capacities to our Elixir based real-time control platform
- Develop a user-friendly interface using Elm
- Work with a third-party company to build an integration that imports real-time data into Enbala’s platform
- Debug unexpected behavior on a system you have little familiarity with
- Own and be responsible for one or more features or areas of our Product Platforms; you enjoy being the driver of innovation and excel in serving in these types of prominent positions.
- Provide leadership at all levels (from team to organizational) within the engineering team and enjoy the opportunity to positively impact the team, guiding them towards adoption of sustainable software patterns and processes
- Participation in our Architecture Council ceremonies, taking an active role in making technical decisions and establishing technical direction of the team’s work.
- Collaborate with Enbala Product Owners in the definition of work via finely crafted stories that are culled from our epic-level feature requests. Following the elaboration of the epics into stories; the successful candidate would then participate in the presentation of those stories to the team via grooming and planning sessions.
- Participate within the SCRUM process on their project team as a team member that is setting the pace for the rest of the team in the way they approach each day.
- Provide feedback for Enbala Engineering Management as a team member that is interested in the direction of the teams, their composition and the working agreements that the team members operate within.
After your application is completed, I will follow up with a phone call. Your resume will then be reviewed by the hiring team. Interviews will be virtual.
Apply on company website: