Help us make every dollar work for every student using Elixir, Phoenix, and LiveView
My name: Brandyn Bennett
My position: Engineering Manager
Company name: Allovue
Website: Careers at Allovue
Country: United States
Company info and history:
“Every dollar works for every student”
“Empower education leaders with solutions to equitably and effectively administer resources.”
- In equity and antiracism.
- Great culture begins with great people
- You have a big life outside of work
Allovue is a technology company that builds solutions for K-12 finance. Empathy for our district partners drives our product decisions. Districts of every size use our software so that resources can be allocated equitably to meet student needs.
About the job
Job title: Senior Software Engineer
As a Senior Software Engineer at Allovue, you will have the important responsibility to build web applications that enable resources to be allocated equitably to K-12 students
Salary range: $125,000 - $140,000 (USD)
Position on remote work:
Our team is 100% remote. We are friendly to both early birds and night owls and genuinely care much more about the quality of the work you do than the time of day you do it. We have “core hours” on Monday-Thursday from 1pm-4pm ET when we ask that people plan to be available for team meetings and collaboration—the rest is up to you.
Qualifications or experience required:
- Enough quality experience developing and maintaining web applications to have reached a senior level
- Experience building and maintaining web applications that have been deployed to a production environment with multiple users
- Maintained a production web application long enough to have suffered from your own bad decisions
- Experience teaching and helping other engineers
- Experience collaborating and planning with multiple types of product stakeholders
- Experience using multiple programming languages, libraries, frameworks, and tools
- Experience writing maintainable, automated tests
- Experience using Git version control system
- Experience having the primary responsibility to deliver large product features
What the successful job applicant will be working on:
- Prioritizing code readability over eloquence or performance
- Being passionate about learning
- Exercising discipline by writing tests, creating small Pull Reviews, avoiding leaky abstractions, and cleaning up after yourself
- Making good choices on your own
- Helping our team improve in a kind, humble, flexible way
- Taking responsibility for delivering large changes in an efficient, effective way
- Collaborating with team members in all parts of the company to create the best solutions possible
- Making wise decisions about what existing tools to leverage if any
About the interview process
We believe in a fair and transparent application and hiring process. Salary ranges are posted for every job and you’ll never be asked about prior compensation. Our hiring process is conducted remotely and takes between two to four weeks. Steps include:
- Introduction - This brief phone call gives us an opportunity to get to know you and explain the role you are applying for.
- Initial Interview - You will have a chance to get to know team members across the company and ensure we align with mindsets and values.
- Performance Demonstration - You will complete a skill-based task (no more than 90 minutes) related to the role (for example, creating cold outreach emails for a sales role or teaming up on a coding task for developers).
- Final Interview - You will meet with the CEO, department head, and hiring manager and will have a chance to ask any remaining questions._
Apply here: Careers at Allovue