niccolox
what processor constraints does this stack have?
GPU?
is there a deployment README.md somewhere?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 7- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
josevalim
Phoenix app examples with deployment considerations can be found here: bumblebee/examples/phoenix at main · elixir-nx/bumblebee · GitHub
niccolox
Thanks, was thinking more about GPU friendly vendor support, i.e. fly.io or …
mayel
I’ve come across https://www.vultr.com/products/cloud-gpu/ as an option but haven’t tried it out (also not sure how the pricing compares to other options…)
niccolox
Vultr is good value:performance for sure
AstonJ
There is a related thread here that may be of interest:
(Might be worth posting some of those cloud providers there as well :D)
mayel
Also came across this: A Google Colab that runs Elixir livebook w/ BumbleeBee and CUDA acceleration (probably only useful for development / personal use though)
Edit: it is indeed limited, some attempts at using Bumblebee fail with an error like
Allocator (GPU_0_bfc) ran out of memory trying to allocate 4.41GiB requested by opmeanderingstream
Consider carefully assessing whether you need a GPU in production. Inference is not as compute intensive as training models. Can you meet business domain needs with just the CPU version of XLA or Torchx? Many initial product MVPs can live with the sub-second latency of some models running on the CPU.