sodapopcan
I have a LiveView with a router that matches on any /:token given as the first part of the path. This is causing static assets in the root dir like /favicon.ico and /robots.txt to match this route. Is there any way around this?
Thanks!
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 6- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
LostKobrakai
Plug.Staticshould come before your router inendpoint.ex. If there’s no actual file though it’ll move on to the router.sodapopcan
Sorry, I mean to say that I did check that the ordering is correct in
endpoint.ex. I’m just realizing that files insideassets/staticdon’t actually get loaded (at last not in development) whereas assets inpriv/staticdo. Is this correct or did I mess something up?LostKobrakai
That’s how it’s supposed to work.
assetsis only for source files of the assets pipeline (webpack by default).sodapopcan
Thank you for your help. I’m realizing that yes, that is how it works, I just got myself in an odd state and started questioning everything.
I believe this happened when following advice on how to deal with a recent change in
CopyWebpackPlugin. In any event, somehow my/privended up with a directory called*in it and inside there wasstatic.Bah, it’s been a day of blunders like this for me!
Thanks again.
kokolegorille
It also depends on the version of CopyWebpackPlugin… Phoenix use 5.x syntax, but if You are using 6.x branch of the webpack plugin, You need to update webpack.config.js to…
This plugin is in charge of copying what is in assets/static to priv/static. You should not touch priv/static, and just put into assets/static
sodapopcan
Yes! I juuuust realized this (see my answer above). But thank you! I wasn’t 100% sure that’s what happened and now you’ve confirmed for me