mindseyeblind

mindseyeblind

I’m building an API connecting with various front-end UI’s. I have a context that is still being built while I hash out the business logic properly with non-development teams BUT in the meanwhile I need to serve at least a sample version of the API data (the “show” action) at the right location so that frontend development can continue.

The API would be hit at /models/1, 1 being the sample ID, and then serve up a JSON file containing all the static data. I have a static YML file I’ve been using to construct this sample, but how exactly would I serve it? As a static asset?

I’m thinking of replacing the default show action with an implementation that disregards the ID parameter and simply uses Plug.Conn.send_file/5 to serve sample_model.json but I don’t think this is the right way of going about this.

Alternatively, maybe I should short-circuit the model = Context.get_model(id) cast and directly specify a map inside there. This would look quite dirty (almost doubling the line-length of the file) but it’s temporary anyway.

Showing Posts 1 to 1

mindseyeblind

mindseyeblind OP

Solved - all I had to do was overwrite the model_view.render/2 function that begins with

def render("model.json", %{model: model}) do

It’s dirty but it works.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
velrest
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI. Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
mnkhod
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews