anoskov
Hello!
I am trying to implement a similar query with Ecto.Query
UPDATE table as t SET
(field_a, field_b) =
(select * from my_function(t.field_a, t.field_b, $1, $2) as (value1 uuid, value2 timestamp));
I was excepting something like this
from t in Table,
update: [set: [
{"(field_a, field_b)", fragment("(select * from my_function(?, ?, ?, ?)", t.field_a, t.field_b, ^uuid, ^ts)}
]
]
but set option accepts only atom fields.
Maybe someone know how to use similar functions in update query?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming











Showing Posts 1 to 6- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
joey_the_snake
You might have to use the escape hatch for this one: Ecto.Adapters.SQL — Ecto SQL v3.14.0.
anoskov
Thanks. Use RAW SQL is one option but I use this update query as upsert on_conflict query in insert_all and this looks really ugly and may allow SQL injections. So I wanted use Ecto Query.
LostKobrakai
You can maybe join the results of your function and then use
update: [set: […]]with those joined values.anoskov
Good advice but unfortunately insert_all with on_conflict (Upsert) doesn’t work with join in Ecto.
joey_the_snake
I agree it doesn’t look as nice but you don’t have to worry about SQL injections if you are sending the user input as query parameters
I believe the database itself doesn’t allow
FROMin on conflict queries and it’s not an Ecto limitation, but I could be wrong. Do you have an example of this kind of query that works in your database but not in Ecto?anoskov
Yes, upsert doesn’t support
FROM.My full raw SQL query looks like: