Fl4m3Ph03n1x

Fl4m3Ph03n1x

Background

We are using FunWithFlagsUI to check the flags we have on our Redis instance. Since Redis has several DBs one can choose from, this raises a problem - we need to tell the UI which Redis DB to use.

Problem

After reading the docs, I couldn’t find any option to do that. By default, the UI will always read from Redis DB 1, which is not where our flags are.

Is there a way to tell the UI which Redis DB to use?

Showing Posts 1 to 4

a-maze-d

a-maze-d

Looking at the code this should be configurable through the config. You should be able to use those opions that Redix allows you to use

Hope that helps

smathy

smathy

The configuration section of the FunWithFlags README shows setting the database either in the keyword list, or as part of the URL.

Fl4m3Ph03n1x

Fl4m3Ph03n1x OP

It turns out that to configure the UI, I have to use the configurations for the base library, i.e. FunWithFlags.

This was not clear to me when reading the docs for the UI. In my specific case:

config :fun_with_flags, :redis, database: 5

Did the trick.

smathy

smathy

Worth considering submitting a PR to the fwf_ui project to mention configuration explicitly in their README.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews