forfun

forfun

Shipyard is an open-source, self-hosted automated deployment platform Functioning similarly to flyctl, it streamlines the DevOps workflow by enabling modern blue-green deployments on your own infrastructure (VPS) to achieve zero-downtime updates.

The architecture consists of two main components:

  1. Shipyard Server: A central hub providing an HTTP API, secure database storage (SQLite/PostgreSQL), and a modern Web UI built with SolidJS for visual management.

  2. Shipyard CLI: A lightweight command-line tool that developers use to configure hosts, manage secrets, and trigger deployments.

Key Features:

  • Zero-Downtime: Leverages the Caddy to perform seamless traffic switching between old and new versions.

  • Multi-Host & Multi-App: Manage multiple independent applications across various remote servers from a single control plane.

  • Configuration Management: Native support for multiple environments (staging/production), domain bindings, and encrypted secret management.

  • Audit Trails: Automatically records detailed deployment history and logs for troubleshooting.

  • No Docker Overhead: Optimized for Elixir/Phoenix projects. Runs native BEAM releases directly on the host, avoiding the memory footprint of container runtimes. Perfect for maximizing performance on small VPS instances (e.g., 512MB RAM).

  • Local Build Strategy: Builds are performed on the developer’s machine (CLI), not the server. This eliminates the need for a high-performance build server and keeps the deployment server lightweight.

https://github.com/youfun/shipyard

Showing Posts 1 to 4

cmo

cmo

Why are you hardcoding the path to MSYS2?

kip

kip

ex_cldr Core Team

Can you clarify this?

forfun

forfun OP

I use golang to build this tool, actually it only can deploy elixir/phoenix project for now. i edited this post

forfun

forfun OP

Use Docker to build the release, avoiding path issues on Windows.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Announcing Top

type1fool
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents See this post about renaming the package. Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
woylie
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components. https://github.com/woylie/doggo Features Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
ahamez
Hi everyone, I’ve been working on this protobuf library for 3 years. We use it in the company I work for, EasyMile, to communicate with ...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
kip
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library. Current functionality In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New
kip
Following on from my CLDR lbraries I started work on Unicode transforms. But like everything related to CLDR there is a lot of yak-shavin...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
webofbits
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself. My main conc...
#ai
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New
Null-logic-0
What IDE or editor are you using for Elixir development? Personally, I use Zed, and I really like it, but sometimes I wish there were a ...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews