puemos
Hey everyone ![]()
Code: GitHub - puemos/overbooked: Overbooked is a self-hosted flexible workplace platform for indie co-working owners. · GitHub
Docs: https://overbookedapp.gitbook.io/docs/
Username: nywlvrsgb@spacehotline.com
Password: Password123123
I’m working on a new project to let indie co-working owners spend 0$ on a room/desk booking solution. Overbooked is self-hosted and minimalistic. So far, I have developed only the bare minimum, and I’d love to get some feedback.
- Self-hosted: What will be the most effective way to help people deploy it? any good examples?
- Elixir/Phoenix/LiveView: Project structure and separation of concerns.
- UX/UI: Anything that can be improved?
- Coworking: Are there any features you consider a must but you don’t see them?
Can’t wait to hear your feedback!
Trending in RFCs
Hi
I was working on an old idea of a “Soft PLC” written on top of Elixir. It was too much work but with the advent of better AI I though...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 6- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
derpycoder
Reddit’s self hosted community swears by Docker and Docker compose. So they can deploy with Portainer or TrueNas scale or Caprover or Unraid, etc
derpycoder
What’s the username and password for fly demo?
Also for UX, I have a suggestion.
After failing to book a resource, a toast message showed up at top right, “Desk B2 is unavailable during those hours”.
I think it’s better to not let save happen in that case:
Button should be renamed to ‘Check’ and the message should be inlined in the pop up, followed by the pop up being moved to bottom right to let user choose an alternative!
Even better approach would be to show an indicator to prevent user from taking that action altogether, like a cross hatched section showing overlap in schedule! (See: Norman Door)
puemos
Oh, I totally forgot that Overbooked is invitation only (by design).
Here you go:
Username: nywlvrsgb@spacehotline.com
Password: Password123123
derpycoder
My changes are not updating without a refresh.
Perhaps you can look at: ElixirConf 2018 - UX Design Practices for Real Time Apps
For instance, one of their points was: “Users need to be notified if the data they expect to be
realtime is actually stale due to a connection issue.”
See:
You can easily add latency to your site to indicate stale data!
P.S. The data doesn’t update only in monthly view, weekly view works as expected.
P.P.S. Since I’m not the target audience, I’m unable to provide any other valuable feedback.
zorn
Are you building this for a specific coworking space as the first user? Curious about what drew you to work on this.
I’m a long-time member of IndyHall, a coworking space in Philadelphia (and online), so it’s interesting to observe what you are up to. Good luck.
puemos
My friend who runs a coworking space in Rino told me how much these platforms ask for. Hopefully I can get something good enough for them to focus on the real value.