Hi! My name is Amy Marco, I’m a product manager at Simplecast. We are currently hiring for a full-time, remote-friendly position for a an elixir back end software engineer. Information about the position is below. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM and I’ll respond as soon as possible! You can apply for the position here.
Back-End Software Engineer
In 2018, over 200,000 new podcasts were created — more than twice as many as the year prior. Every year, millions of new listeners are being exposed to podcasting, with hundreds of thousands of new creators meeting this increased listener demand with new content. Over 400 new podcasts are created every day alone. Individual audio content creators are looking for better tools to immerse their audience in a story.
Since 2013, Simplecast has helped creators publish their podcasts the easy way with hosting, distribution, analytics & sharing tools. Thousands of individual creators and companies have trusted Simplecast with their audio, including Politico, Facebook, The Athletic, 1Password, Armchair Expert, Harvard and many other names you know and love.
Over the last year, we’ve been hard at work to usher podcasting into the future, by building the platform we’ve always dreamed of — faster and more powerful than ever before, and as easy to publish, share and scale as any other medium.
We’re growing our product development team to shape the future of podcasting by empowering audio creators with the resources they need to connect their shows with a world of listeners.
- We ship code multiple times a day.
- We work closely with product, design, customer support, and our CEO. Everyone has a voice.
- We value lean software development principles, currently leveraging aspects of kanban.
- We reflect weekly on process, tools, and relationships, empowering the team to create an environment that helps them thrive.
- You know Elixir well and have used it to build scalable, highly available systems.
- You care about and have a history of creating a great experience for users.
- You continually refine your craft.
- You look for opportunities to teach others.
- You balance building new features with code quality to ensure optimal customer value over the long term.
- You love working with distributed teams.
- You build automated tests.
- You’ve built and supported RESTful applications.
- You live in the US
- You will build an excellent product with your team.
- You will refine business needs into small deliverables for you and others to execute.
- You will own your code all the way to production.
- You will influence engineering practices.
- You will coach and mentor your team.
- You will learn from your team.
Our Tech Stack
- AWS (Lambda, S3, Aurora Postgres, SNS, CloudFront)
- GitLab CI/CD
- Full-time, remote position with co-working spaces in Albany, NY, New York, NY, and Los Angeles, CA
- Stock option grant
- Medical, dental and vision benefits coverage (with a generous company-paid stipend), as well as company-provided life insurance
- 401k, with top of market company matching
- Generous paid time off each year, in addition to paid holidays
- A brand new Macbook Pro laptop
- Cell phone stipend