Codball
I’m trying to setup email functions within a Phoenix 1.4 and Elixir 1.7 app for someone using an email service. I’ve got this working using my own AWS SES account so I know the logic is solid. The problem I’m having though is he won’t give me a username and password for the SMTP config as “if we are sending to us.exg7.exghost.com, which is our email server, you need to authenticate. But we are using their relay.appriver.com server so you don’t need it,” according to him. He said all I should need is a port, a from email address and the “relay.appriver.com” server name. How do I get BambooSMTP setup with only that information?
If I try to pass it blank username/password credentials, it gives me an error:
Bamboo.SMTPAdapter.SMTPError at POST /email
There was a problem sending the email through SMTP.
The error is :retries_exceeded
More detail below:
{:network_failure, "relay.appriver.com", {:error, :timeout}}
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
pbrudnick
I @Codball, I don’t know your SMTP configuration, but you should have in consideration the
:ssl(true/false) and:tlsoptions.I had a
:retries_exceedederror as well using the gmail smtp with:sslfalse.If this persists, check better the SMTP server config…
Codball
Heres what my config looks like.
I’ve tried changing both of the tls and ssl options.
wmnnd
Do you really want to send email without TLS?