aceupmysleeves
Hi! I’m working in a liveview and want to fill attributes such as id, for label and title with a value from a for-loop.
<ul>
<%= for item <- ["apple", "bread", "peanut butter"] do %>
<li>
<input type="checkbox" checked="checked" id="<%= item %>" />
<label class="tree_label" for="<%= item %>"> <%= item %> </label>
</li>
<% end %>
</ul>
but I get this error:
Make sure the attribute is properly closed. This may also happen if
there is an EEx interpolation inside a tag, which is not supported.
Instead of
<div <%= @some_attributes %>>
</div>
do
<div {@some_attributes}>
</div>
but my values are from a loop rather than the socket so the @ doesn’t work nor does adding { } around the item like so:
<input type="checkbox" checked="checked" id="{item}" />
or <input type="checkbox" checked="checked" id="#{item}" />
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
How Can I Optimise Compile Time Dependencies
I have been building an elixir application for about 2 years now. Many modules and files ha...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
LostKobrakai
The
{}and the@are different parts of the picture.Element attributes in heex are supplied either as
attr="…"for static values or asattr={…}for dynamic values. For the latter…can be any elixir code returning a string (or convertable to string data) or a boolean.There’s also
<tag {…}>where…can be a keyword list or map of attributes → values.@varis a macro to access assigns off of the socket. It can be used in either of the places before where elixir code is allowed, but doesn’t need to be used.rathoud96
This should do the trick
lkuty
If
itemis a string (which it is), then the code below is simpler.