Software Engineer Elixir for Virtual Power Plant (f/m/d)
At sonnen, we believe clean, affordable, and reliable energy for all is one of the greatest challenges of our time. With over 30,000 sonnenBattery-systems installed worldwide, sonnen is a proven global leader in intelligent energy management solutions providing greater energy control for residential customers through increased solar self-consumption, reduced peak energy usage and reliable backup power during outages – contributing to a cleaner and more reliable energy future.
sonnen has won several awards for its energy innovations and sonnenBattery products, including Fast Company’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Energy, the 2017 Zayed Energy Innovation Award, MIT’s Technology Review’s 50 Smartest Companies in 2016, Global Cleantech 100 for 2015-2017, Greentech Media’s 2016 Grid Edge Award for innovation, and Cleantech’s 2015 Company of the Year Award in both Israel and Europe.
- Conceptualization and software engineering of the sonnen Virtual Power Plant / VPP (frequency response, other ancillary services, energy trading)
- Continuous improvement and internationalization of our industry-leading solutions, especially in the areas of:
- Graphical user interface and reports
- Business functionality, including algorithms for Artificial and Swarm Intelligence
- Parallelism, redundancy, robustness and reliability
- Comprehensive unit- and integration tests
- Full academic qualification in computer sciences or a degree in comparable studies
- Very good knowledge in at least one functional programming language, e. g. Elixir, Scala, OCaml or Haskell
- Proven skills in both, analytical and conceptual thinking
- Experience with version control systems (e.g. Git) and project management tools for software development (e.g. Git Issues, Wrike)
Send your application today, including your preferred starting date and salary expectation.
We look forward to your application!