marcandre
Most of our production errors in sentry have the expected context: HTTP request, params, cookies, etc. This is great. Some errors do not, which makes them impossible to diagnose.
For example, I have this particular view that crashes in circumstances yet unknown. I’m getting events with the context and the following stacktrace:
This has all the relevant information.
The “same” exception occurs with a different call stack and then I get no information:
Using Liveview 0.18.2.
What is going on?
What can be done about it?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex













Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
ruslandoga
Sentry uses process dict to store context, similar to Logger. Sentry plug sets the context on the process that handles the HTTP requests and the first liveview render. I guess your problem arises when the error happens in the live view’s channel process (apparently in
handle_info) which has no context set by Sentry.If that’s indeed the case, then you can probably add an
on_mounthook that would copy the context from HTTP request into the channel process.josevalim
If it helps, here is some code that we used in Bytepack to store LiveView information:
https://github.com/dashbitco/bytepack_archive/blob/main/apps/bytepack_web/lib/bytepack_web/request_context.ex
The audit context is passed to the context/model layer. The request context is stored in Sentry’s pdict.
LostKobrakai
Just to make this a bit more explicit. When thing fail on the websocket connection there is no http request to have information about in the first place. Cookies (of the initial upgrade request) are also not exposed to channels. Relevant information would need to be fetched through other means, which I’m not sure the sentry library has integrations for yet.