Spacemacs - General Discussion, Blog Posts, Wiki

Protip: SPC m (major mode) is always mapped to ,, so for example SPC m e r => , e r. 50x less keystrokes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Any idea how this maps to emacs-style keybindings? I do already know that I have to substitute the leading SPC in any chord by M-m, which is especially annoying when trying to do M-m m… I always have the finger a microsecond or so to long on my Alt-key, so I do send M-m M-m instead of what I wanted originally.

1 Like

Find a spacemacs file for Ubuntu and OSX here:

Works for me with a Swiss German keyboard layout, so it might work for a German keyboard.

1 Like

How display table of context in help and jump to specific topic?
Assume I am on Elixir String.split help in spacemacs.

1 Like

I don’t know how to configure my spacemacs, I would like to make it work for ES6/7 and not use colons

1 Like

Hey guys, I’m a Spacemacs beginner. I installed Alchemist so far (I think :stuck_out_tongue:) but Elixir files have no syntax highlight? Could anyone give me some quick rundowns on how to do it?

1 Like

Check this article http://www.zohaib.me/spacemacs-and-alchemist-to-make-elixir-of-immortality/

3 Likes

I was actually following that guide but now I see I had done a stupid mistake in the configuration file :confused: Thank you anyway :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Did you ever get an answer to this? The gitter channel is fairly active, though I prefer the forum format for this type of stuff.

It’s probably eslint that’s producing those warnings. There must be a way to tell eslint to ignore missing semicolons.

No, no one has replied it.

I’m dedicating two weeks to using Spacemacs. So far, a lot to like, a few not to like. I’m giving it two weeks to make sure that I’m not just finding it uncomfortable because it’s not vim + tmux.

@boriscy @StevenXL @shanekilkelly It isn’t an Eslint thing. Adding (setq js2-strict-missing-semi-warning nil) should allow you to use no semis without it coloring, that’s what is in my config.

1 Like

I use Alchemist.

So the commands are
SPC c l -> comment line
SPC c p -> comment paragraph

one more important one.
commenting a block

go to beginning of block. -> V % SPC c l (its Shift + v)

1 Like

If anyone is looking for some elisp practise the issues for alchemist are now tagged with difficulty levels.

1 Like

I am trying spacemacs but I can’t make goto definition work. For example in this line

plug :accepts, ["json"]

I go over plug and I do “, g g” and I get “Don’t know how to find plug”

Also does error highlighting work in spacemacs? In Atom when I save the errors get highlighted in the file. In spacemacs I don’t get any notifications.

1 Like

I think alchemist (the elixir tool for emacs) does not handle go-to for macros in other libraries yet.
And plug, with some other stuff in phoenix controllers are macros.

You can however check them out in the phoenix source https://github.com/phoenixframework/phoenix/blob/v1.2.1/lib/phoenix/controller/pipeline.ex#L181.

Error highlighting works on some stuff, I suppose Atom has more of it.
But check this out https://github.com/tonini/alchemist.el/issues/209

2 Likes

My previous statement was wrong, Alchemist will handle any macros just fine. It is just Phoenixes unconventional way of importing modules through App.web (see web.ex) that give alchemist a hard time.
Look at this issue for more info Handle Phoenix related <APP>.Web definition lookup · Issue #179 · tonini/alchemist.el · GitHub.

What theme are you guys using on your Spacemacs?

The default one , was using spolsky for a while but went back to default.