bodhilogic

bodhilogic

I’m trying to define a @spec that looks like this:

@type sql() :: String.t()
@spec query() :: sql()

The function takes no parameters and returns a string representing the SQL code that will be run in a database query.

When I start the phx.server, I am getting this error:

== Compilation error in file lib/mim_core/stuff.ex ==
** (CompileError) lib/mim_core/stuff.ex:108: misplaced operator ::/2

The :: operator is typically used in bitstrings to specify types and sizes of segments:

    <<size::32-integer, letter::utf8, rest::binary>>

It is also used in typespecs, such as @type and @spec, to describe inputs and outputs
    (elixir 1.13.4) expanding macro: Kernel.@/1

It knows that the :: can be found in a @spec though it doesn’t let my spec’s return typespec get past the error.

Is there a way to define the @spec so that it doesn’t generate a “misplaced operator ::/2” error?

Showing Posts 1 to 1

bodhilogic

bodhilogic OP

Nevermind - sorry good friends… I had a typo in my code :frowning:

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews