Rehan
Hi all,
I’m running Nerves on a BeagleBone Black and trying to use SPI from Circuits.SPI.
I can see the devices in /dev:
/dev/spidev0.0
/dev/spidev0.1
/dev/spidev1.0
/dev/spidev1.1
But I’m having trouble confirming which header pins (P9/P8) are actually mapped to these devices under Nerves.
Questions:
- What is the correct mapping between
/dev/spidev0.0and BeagleBone header pins when using Nerves? - How can I verify from the Nerves IEx console (using only
File.read!,/proc/device-tree, or/sys/devices) that a given pin is really configured for SPI mode? - Is there a recommended way to enable or switch pinmux for SPI pins under Nerves since
config-pinis not available?
So far, I’ve opened SPI in IEx like this:
iex(1)> {:ok, ref}=Circuits.SPI.open("spidev0.0", speed_hz: 1_000_000, mode: 3)
{:ok, #Reference<0.2697461337.148504581.45500>}
iex(2)> Circuits.SPI.transfer(ref, <<0x80, 0x00>>)
{:ok, <<0, 0>>}
I’m not getting any response from the SPI slave. I’m using ADXL345 sensor expecting 0xE5 for above read operation
Example wiring to ADXL345 (3.3V SPI sensor)
- P9_17 (CS0)** → **ADXL345 CS
- P9_22 (SCLK)** → **ADXL345 SCL
- P9_18 (MOSI)** → **ADXL345 SDA (data in)
- P9_21 (MISO)** → **ADXL345 SDO (data out)
Am I Connecting to correct pins? Or pin mapping is different for spidev0.0
Thanks in advance.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex









