Spotify-like app on the beam

Spotify has something like that available, ex.: https://open.spotify.com/track/0TI8TP4FitVPoEHPTySx48?si=PuJGw5jhRuCB_uaLLiO-IA

It will not allow you to listen to the full song, but it will give at least the preview.

About @oldpond idea. I see some problems:

• as @blatyo said - licenses, these can get expensive, and unless you will try to fit into some niche then you probably do not get enough impact to bring “big names” to the table
  • Spotify do not earn much, so I do not think that there is need for another streaming service (remember that there are 2 big players (Spotify and Apple Music), at least one smaller that I am aware of (Tidal), and countless online radio stations). See that even “big names” in music industry (i.e. Sony) do not try to create their own service (and they will get licenses for “free” as they already own it) and instead promotes other services (Spotify and Netflix) to stream their content for them.

I see your problem with Spotify is their desktop application, but are you aware that other players are available as long as you are using Spotify Premium? Mopidy offers such feature, also there is Spotifyd.

1 Like