Senior Elixir Engineer - Tacoma, Washington, USA - Remote
As a Senior Elixir developer, you are responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining our full-stack Elixir components including Phoenix/LiveView front ends, messaging middleware, and database backend. Your primary focus includes the development of web applications, back-end REST services, messaging, etc. You will work alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products is essential.
My name: Kati O’Brien
My position: Director of Implementation and Training (and now HR recruiting)
Company name: SkedgeAlert
Company info and history (how you’re using Elixir etc): We are a startup organization looking to change the way the world schedules.
About the job
Job title: Sr. Exlix Engineer
- Implement web and backend application services in Elixir
- Follow specifications from product owners and UX/UI designers
- Create unit and integration/service tests for all code
- Work with our DevOps and QE/QA teams to build and deploy applications
- Participate in daily scrums with two-week sprints, including planning meetings
- Able to work in a remote environment with core hours M-F 8:30a-2:00p PST.
Position on remote work: Remote work only
Qualifications or experience required:
- CS Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job experience
- 10+ years programming/development experience in a popular language
- 3+ Years Elixir/Erlang development and deployment
- Strong functional programming experience
- Experience with unit and integration testing
- Strong understanding of OTP network clustering
- Experience developing in a container-based environment
- Experience in the healthcare sector preferred
- AWS services experience, including EC2, S3, SNS, RDS, Redis, etc. experience preferred
- Startup experience preferred
About the interview process
Please describe your interview process. We are steadfast in our commitment to culture. Our interviews include Video response on experience, Phone screen, 1:1 meetings with our architect, each engineer, and then our COO. There is a code assessment during our discussion with our engineers. We want you to feel welcome and ensure we are the right fit for you.
Please apply here: https://skedgealert.breezy.hr/p/a96eca80db42-senior-elixir-developer