Sr. Elixir Engineer - SumUp, FinTech, IoT (Berlin, Full-time, Relocate provided)

Introductory paragraph

Hi! My team at SumUp in Berlin is looking for a Sr. Elixir Engineer to work on our backend system which is written in Elixir and Phoenix for serving payment and managing APIs. The system is used by different types of terminals/card readers and meant to be stable and flexible in order to easily add new types of devices.

About us

My name: Julia
My position: Tech Recruitment Lead
Company name: SumUp
Company info and history:

SumUp is a global FinTech company and the first-ever global card acceptance brand with headquarters in Berlin. We started 7 years ago and nowadays we operate in 32 countries, have 14 offices worldwide and 1700 people onboard. We develop our Payment terminals & all software from scratch and we are passionate about our product & the vision of bringing new payment solutions to small merchants!

About the job

Job title: Senior Elixir Engineer
Job description: https://grnh.se/a1dbeaa92
Salary range: 65k-80k
Position on remote work: onsite, full-time position
Qualifications or experience required: at least 5 years of experience
What the successful job applicant will be working on: You will be working on our backend system which is written in Elixir and Phoenix for serving payment and managing APIs. The system is used by different types of terminals/card readers and meant to be stable and flexible in order to easily add new types of devices. For now, the main challenges are a big refactoring of Erlang monolith payment backed to micro-services according to the domain model and moving the platform to our own Kubernetes based orchestration platform.

About the interview process

1. Interview with internal recruiter
  2. Technical interview
  3. *Small coding challenge - interesting one :wink:
  4. Final onsite interview

Further info

If you are interested, feel free to apply through the link or reach out to me: julia.matsai@sumup.com

3 Likes