derek-zhou

derek-zhou

I am seeing this in my log:

...
    (stdlib 3.7.1) gen_server.erl:637: :gen_server.try_dispatch/4
    (stdlib 3.7.1) gen_server.erl:711: :gen_server.handle_msg/6
    (stdlib 3.7.1) proc_lib.erl:249: :proc_lib.init_p_do_apply/3
Last message: {:ssl_closed, {:sslsocket, {:gen_tcp, #Port<0.156>, :tls_connection, :undefined}, [#PID<0.2810.0>, #PID<0.2809.0>]}}

And the process crashed. The process was doing some outbound web api calls with HTTPosion prior to the crash, and I guess it hit some tricky spot. I understand web API can fail, however, why does it fail this way? and am I supposed to catch this?

Showing Posts 1 to 1

al2o3cr

al2o3cr

The messages look like the ones in this Hackney bug:

https://github.com/benoitc/hackney/issues/464

I’ve seen these infrequently in production (one per thousands of outgoing HTTP requests) so it’s hard to troubleshoot, but AFAIK they are “leftovers” from previously-used connections and don’t affect operations. To stop them crashing my GenServers, I added a handle_info that logged about it and went on with life.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
velrest
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI. Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
mnkhod
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews