Packard_Goose
I’m trying to create a secure connection to an MQTT broker using Tortoise however I receive an error {:error, {:options, {:cert, '/Users/packardgoose/Desktop/host.cert'}}} I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong, should the certificate be a .pem file? I should be able to use a directory for this argument according to some documentation I read.
Here’s the code
@cert '/Users/packardgoose/Desktop/host.cert'
@key '/Users/packardgoose/Desktop/host.key'
{:ok, _pid} = Tortoise.Supervisor.start_child(
client_id: "my_id",
handler: {Tortoise.Handler.Logger, []},
server:
{Tortoise.Transport.SSL,
[host: 'getahos.io',
port: 8885,
cacertfile: :certifi.cacertfile(),
key: @key,
cert: @cert
]},
keep_alive: 300000,
user_name: Keyword.fetch!(state_tokens, :mqtt_token),
password: Keyword.fetch!(state_tokens, :mqtt_token_pass))
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
voltone
You can either pass in paths to PEM files using the
certfileandkeyfileoptions, or DER encoded binary values using thecertandkeyoptions.Packard_Goose
Thanks, can’t believe I missed that. Also I had to add the
verify: :verify_noneoption for the connection to work. Although my client is working now any idea as to why it won’t work with the default verify value? Would it be an issue on my end or the server end?voltone
I’d have to have a look at the error message you’re getting. But if I had to venture a guess, the server might have a wildcard certificate, which is unfortunately not handled very well by Erlang/OTP.
If that is indeed the case, then you have two options:
If you’re on OTP 21, add
customize_hostname_check: [match_fun: :public_key.pkix_verify_hostname_match_fun(:https)]to the SSL optionsIf you’re on an older version, you could use the
ssl_verify_funpackage to handle the hostname verification