egze
StableJason is a library for encoding Elixir values to a stable JSON with deterministic sorting for keys.
It works similar like OJSON but can output a pretty JSON string, using Jason as the underlying JSON encoder.
The initial use-case for this library is to display a diff between two JSON files. The problem with JSON is that the order of keys is not guaranteed, so a diff between two JSON files can be very noisy. By using StableJason to encode the JSON files, the order of keys is deterministic, so the diff will be much more readable.
It also supports a :sorter option (:asc, :desc, or a function), if you need to override it even further.
Examples
StableJason.encode(%{c: 3, b: 2, a: 1})
{:ok, ~S|{"a":1,"b":2,"c":3}|}
StableJason.encode(%{c: 3, b: 2, a: 1}, sorter: :asc, pretty: true)
{:ok, "{\n \"a\": 1,\n \"b\": 2,\n \"c\": 3\n}"}
StableJason.encode!(%{c: 3, b: 2, a: 1})
"{\"a\":1,\"b\":2,\"c\":3}"
StableJason.encode!(%{c: 3, b: 2, a: 1}, sorter: :asc, pretty: true)
"{\n \"a\": 1,\n \"b\": 2,\n \"c\": 3\n}"
Links
Hex.pm: https://hex.pm/packages/stable_jason
Hexdocs: https://hexdocs.pm/stable_jason/readme.html
GitHub:
Trending in Announcing
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents
See this post about renaming the package.
Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components.
https://github.com/woylie/doggo
Features
Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
Hi everyone,
I’ve been working on this protobuf library for 3 years. We use it in the company I work for, EasyMile, to communicate with ...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library.
Current functionality
In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New
Other Trending Topics
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself.
My main conc...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Hey folks,
I just published a post about Hologram’s funding and where the project goes next - the short version:
Curiosum as Main Spons...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
LostKobrakai
Jasoncan already decode toJason.OrderedObjectand encode this again preserving ordering.egze
Yes, that’s what the library is using, but also sorts (which Jason doesn’t do).
mudasobwa
FWIW, if the shape is known in advance, one might reach out to
Estructura.diff/3to get a difference between two JSON objects.