josevalim
Creator of Elixir
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for 2024
. This year’s edition features Elixir, Erlang and Phoenix once more!
The survey has recently opened and will remain open until June 7, 2024.
Trending in Discussions
Hey there,
It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hi there! :wave:
@frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 6- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
jss
Great
sevenseacat
The questions they ask are getting pretty mundane. Many pages of different technologies. Being obsessed with AI.
There used to be fun ones in there, like how much caffeine do you drink per day, do you use tabs or spaces, light or dark color scheme, novelty stuff!
03juan
Skip 15% of the survey with this one neat trick!
I answered Nerves in Other for the embedded question, and LiveView Native for mobile tech.
AstonJ
If I am not mistaken it is Elixir’s 12th birthday today
so I made sure I filled it in today - just for luck!
I answered “no, but I plan to” because of Nx
and I guess it wasn’t surprising to see AI feature so heavily after their recent announcement - there’s been a few stories about it on DT:
They’re not just fun but can be super interesting (it’s why I love our #wikis-polls:polls section, they can be very insightful!)
Onor.io
kujua
Of course they will emphasize AI, it affects the core of their business.
I answered the AI questions and I said I mistrust the answers…
I am using e.g. ChatGPT for getting ideas and a quick overview, but the answers are either too general or simply wrong.
At the moment I am developing an Elixir course and AI does not (will never?) understand the “big picture”. Nothing is better than experience and knowing the pitfalls we all see when developing.