juhalehtonen
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for 2025
. This year, our ecosystem is once again well represented with Elixir, Erlang, Gleam, and Phoenix available as technology options!
The survey is said to remain open for just a few weeks.
SO Meta post: The 2025 Developer Survey is Now Live
Link to survey: 2025 Developer Survey | Stack Overflow
Trending in Discussions
Hey there,
It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hi there! :wave:
@frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
Xamal is a deployment tool for Elixir apps that deploys native releases to bare metal servers over SSH. It’s a port of GitHub - basecamp/...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
KristerV
completed!
a lot of AI questions. curious about the result.
Guy14
Thanks for you post, completed as well!
Onor.io
I have to say I think this is probably the main reason that anyone would visit Stack Overflow these days. Well that and following some search results. AI is killing Stack Overflow and that’s a bit of a pity.
Onor.io
You’re not kidding Krister! Seems like every other question involved AI.
travisf
Should call it the “Stack Overflow AI Survey” instead of the Developer Survey. There were only about half a dozen questions about specific programming languages and tools
Next year I’ll get an LLM to fill it out.
Hermanverschooten
Done !
Onor.io
juhalehtonen
The results are in! 2025 Stack Overflow Developer Survey
Highlights for the BEAM community:
Erlang and Elixir used to be the top paying technologies in the 2024 survey, but they seem to have dropped the category entirely in 2025. Typically SO release the data sets for download later, so perhaps we’ll get to see more in the future for the categories not presented on the website.
Another curious meta-insight is that this year’s survey got 49_000+ respondents, last year’s survey got 65_000+, and 2023 boasted answers from 90_000+ developers.
dimitarvp
I can only speak for myself but after I saw how many of their questions were tailored towards AI, I have dropped their survey and never finished it.
NobbZ
I have to admit, I was annoyed by them as well and forced myself through them.
Even though weighing models by preference was hard, as I don’t really care for the model used, but instead use some product or frontend, and do not care what model is used in the backend, as it might change at anytime, if the designers of the product think the product would benefit from it.
So I often left them at defaults or otherwise neutrally answered.