vrod

vrod

I am using the Starship cross-shell prompt – it seems pretty nice, but I get some errors:

[WARN] - (starship::utils): Executing command "elixir" timed out

I think this is because Starship tries to read the current version of Elixir in a directory because different directories might have different versions with asdf.

I have tried a few changes to the configuration in ~/.config/starship.toml:

scan_timeout = 1000

but it seems no difference is made.

Does anyone else use Starship? Maybe it is only me!

Showing Posts 3 to 1

vrod

vrod OP

I think it is fixed now – the bug in the link is merged.

Inside ~/.config/starship.toml add something like this:

command_timeout = 1000

then re-install / update starship:

sh -c "$(curl -fsSL https://starship.rs/install.sh)"
foggy

foggy

It’s a known issue and will be fixed in next release :+1:

https://github.com/starship/starship/issues/2243

chrismcg

chrismcg

I have had this for ruby, python, and various other things occasionally.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
thiagogsr
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews