Menkir

Menkir

Hello guys. I’ve experienced a strange behaviour of Live-View:
I have a table like this (leex):

<table>
 <thead>
  <%= live_render(:Toolbar, container: {:tr, []}) %> # render <th> entries inside <tr> container
 </thead>
 <tbody>
  <%= live_render(:Data) %>
 </tbody>
</table>

As soon as i render the table the tag inside getting rendered within the first second and then disappear immediately.
To be clear:
The html output is first:

<table>
 <thead>
 <tr class=phoenix-connected etc...>
     <th>
      entry1
     </th>
     <th>
      entry2
     </th>
 </tr>
 </thead>
 <tbody>
  ...
 </tbody>
</table>

And then it transforms like this:

<table>
 <thead>
 <tr class=phoenix-connected etc...>
  "entry1"
  "entry2"
 </tr>
 </thead>
 <tbody>
  ...
 </tbody>
</table>

Off course the view get’s messed up and nothing works properly. The thing is, that it works weeks before. Looks like an Update messes everything up. But i don’t know which module.

Did some experienced something similar and have a workaround or solution?

edit: Could it be that the render engine detects the tags as useless because it make no sense in a separate context (outside of <tr> because the engine does not know if it is part of it)?

Showing Posts 1 to 4

benwilson512

benwilson512

Author of Craft GraphQL APIs in Elixir with Absinthe

Can you show more of the exact code? There may be some details here that matter which have been elided.

Menkir

Menkir OP

Sure.
Thats the liveview which is rendered in <thead> inside <tr> container:

    def render(assigns) do
       ~L"""
            <% displayed_data = @changeset.changes |> Enum.filter(fn {_, val} -> val end) |> Enum.map(fn {key, _} -> key end) %>
            <%= for entity <- @menubar, entity in displayed_data do %>
            <th scope="col"> # <-- this  tag is disappearing
                <%= entity%>

                <button class="btn btn-default dropdown-toggle" data-toggle="dropdown" aria-haspopup="true" aria-expanded="false"></button>
                <div class="dropdown-menu">
                    <button class="dropdown-item" phx-click="<%= entity%>-sort-ascending">Sort Ascending</button>
                    <button class="dropdown-item" phx-click="<%= entity%>-sort-descending">Sort Descending</button >
                    <button class="dropdown-item btn btn-default dropdown-toggle" data-toggle="dropdown">Columns</button>
                    
                    <div class="dropdown-menu">
                        <%= form_for @changeset, "#", [phx_change: :activate], fn f -> %>
                            <%= for entry <- @menubar do %>
                                <div class="dropdown-item"><%= checkbox f, entry %><label><%= entry%></label></div>
                            <%end%>
                        <% end %>
                    </div>
                    <div class="dropdown-item">
                        <%= form_for @changeset, "#", [phx_change: :query], fn _ -> %>
                            <%= text_input(:search, entity) %>
                        <% end %>
                    </div>
                </div>
            </th> 
            <%end%>
            <th scope="col"><%= live_render(@socket, Ui.FormLive) %></th>
        """ 
    end
Menkir

Menkir OP

I checked in Wireshark the http response and the html contains the <th> tag. By excluding step-by-step the javascript libraries which could be responsible for this bug it seems like live_view itself is causing this issue. I downgraded lv from 3730628ec1404d8a6fa61ed6b10fc52554bf067e to 09b792ad9f85331968cfbc43f8564d6c97495832 and the issue was gone. But it’s only a workaround :thinking:

Menkir

Menkir OP

I’ve created a Bug Report on Github. For those of you who want to be up to date: Live View Javascript Bug: Forget tags in rendering · Issue #282 · phoenixframework/phoenix_live_view · GitHub

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
thiagogsr
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews