arpan
Hi everyone
In an effort to learn more about LiveView, try a NoSQL DB with elixir and build something interesting I build this project…
Stranger
Stranger allows you to connect with random people around the world.
Connect with either video or text chat and make new friends.
It’s somewhat like Omegle
Check out the project on github
Some Interesting stuff that I have tried in this project
- Create a Phoenix LiveView only app for rich realtime user experience without the need for any page refreshes.
- Some interesting live view features include..
- Multi Step forms
- Server side form validations and LiveView uploads
- Infinite scrolling pages
- Live Components and LiveView hooks
- Other interesting stuff include…
- Use phoenix PubSub for matching users, active user tracking and text chat
- Use ecto embedded schemas along with MongoDB to utilize chagesets for powerfull form validations
- Genservers for user tracking and chat room tracking
- Some meta programming to achieve DRY code
- Use Vonage Video apis to setup realtime video chat capabilities
I have deployed it on heroku, do check it out.
Ask a friend to connect or create two accounts to test out the application.
Lastly, I would like to thank this blog, which helped me a lot to build the video chat part.
Have a good day!
Trending in Discussions
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hi there! :wave:
@frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Lately I’ve been thinking about how to organize components as a LiveView application grows. One of the pain points I’ve found (for myself...
New
What IDE or editor are you using for Elixir development?
Personally, I use Zed, and I really like it, but sometimes I wish there were a ...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 1- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
arpan
Hi guys, I see some people have tried the app however since it’s a video chat application it needs two people to match.
So, you can create two accounts, or ask a friend to join in or use these credentials to signin in a separate incognito window along with your other account, however, it will only work if someone else is not using these credentials at that time…