yordisprieto
Hey folks,
We recently create StrawHat.Mailer, a Email Management OTP. We used Swoosh under the hood and try to push the email templates to the database so developers do not have to redeploy and can even push to marketing team the responsibility of email templates ![]()
So far is good for version one but we are trying to see how we could use eex instead of mustache syntax (any help will be appreciated, my knowledge is limited) and also probably add some extra features for email like automated emails campaigns and stuff like that.
Sorry if the documentation is bad, probably it is harder for me than anything else.
I hope you find it useful and use it so we can improve and add more feature.
Trending in Announcing
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents
See this post about renaming the package.
Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components.
https://github.com/woylie/doggo
Features
Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
Hi everyone,
I’ve been working on this protobuf library for 3 years. We use it in the company I work for, EasyMile, to communicate with ...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library.
Current functionality
In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New
Following on from my CLDR lbraries I started work on Unicode transforms. But like everything related to CLDR there is a lot of yak-shavin...
New
Other Trending Topics
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
What IDE or editor are you using for Elixir development?
Personally, I use Zed, and I really like it, but sometimes I wish there were a ...
New
I just stumbled on a newly redesigned elixir-lang.org. :tada: It looks like @Software_Mansion did the work, and I think it is generally a...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 8- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
blatyo
You should post a link.
To use
eex, all you’ll need to do is callEEx.eval_string/3with the template as the first argument and a keyword list of variables you want available in the template.jacky
For those who want a link: StrawHat.Mailer — StrawHat.Mailer v2.0.0
yordisprieto
OMG I completely forgot to put the link, sorry! Folks
yordisprieto
But how I prevent people to pass any arbitrary Elixir expression on the template? Remember this will be expose to some Marketing Team (could be) and they have full control of do something like
:os.get_system_info()(dont know if exists, just for the example)That is why I went for Mustache, but I would love to switch to
eexas long as I figure out that issue.yordisprieto
btw I will try to put some admin tool for this as well, so you can use the full toolkit
blatyo
You can implement your own engine that defines EEx.Engine.handle_expr/3. But that might be an uphill battle, because you’d need to either whitelist or blacklist the AST’s.
yordisprieto
Wouldn’t be better just stick to Mustache?
blatyo
Probably