mononym

mononym

I have a newly generated resource and affiliated LiveView components that are almost entirely “stock”, generated using Phoenix 1.7. What I have is a table populated by items that displays odd behavior as I’m working with the data, with table entries disappearing in the front end.

When I start it looks like this:

After I edit one of those entries using the pop-up modal what I see is this:

If I click on the flash message to make it go away, this is what I now see:

As stated this is almost entirely “stock” generated code. This is the save function in the form_component for the Map object:

  defp save_map(socket, :edit, map_params) do
    case Maps.update_map(socket.assigns.map, map_params) do
      {:ok, map} ->
        notify_parent({:saved, map})

        {:noreply,
         socket
         |> put_flash(:info, "Map updated successfully")
         |> push_patch(to: format_url(socket.assigns.patch, map.slug))}

      {:error, %Ecto.Changeset{} = changeset} ->
        {:noreply, assign_form(socket, changeset)}
    end
  end

The handler code for the parent receiving the message is:

  def handle_info({DionysusWeb.MapLive.FormComponent, {:saved, map}}, socket) do
    {:noreply, stream_insert(socket, :maps, map)}
  end

I have no other code modifying that stream (except for delete which isn’t being used here). This seems like fairly basic functionality so I’m wondering what exactly I’m doing wrong. Why are those table rows disappearing?

Showing Posts 1 to 5

slouchpie

slouchpie

I have encountered this same problem today.

It appears that using push_patch or <link patch={patch} causes stream entries to become an empty list.

Can you add a handle_params callback function to your Live View that does something like IO.inspect(Enum.count(socket.assigns.streams.maps))? That is what I am doing and I see the count of stream entries as “0” after the patch.

azyzz228

azyzz228

i have the same issue. but in my case. page renders, stream elements are also rendered, but then they disappear.

my mount sets live_action based on one field, then i have handle_params like this:

  def handle_params(params, _url, socket) do
    {:noreply, apply_action(socket, socket.assigns.live_action, params)}
  end
 defp apply_action(socket, :active, _params) do
    if connected?(socket),
      do:
        Phoenix.PubSub.subscribe(
          Yetkazuv.PubSub,
          "restaurant-#{socket.assigns.vendor_restaurant.id}"
        )

    orders = socket.assigns.vendor_restaurant |> Delivery.list_restaurant_new_orders()
    new_orders_count = Enum.count(orders)

    socket
    |> stream(:orders, orders)
    |> assign(:new_orders_count, new_orders_count)
  end
collectivelysuperior

collectivelysuperior

Make sure you have the required DOM attributes.. I had this behavior too until adding the phx-update=“stream” on the parent DOM container and the DOM id on each element.

voughtdq

voughtdq

Ran into this problem and figured out what was going wrong, at least in my case. It’s probably mentioned in the documentation somewhere, but leaving this here for when it happens to me again in a year :crazy_face:

Basically if the stream container gets removed from the DOM, it loses the entries. So if you have something like :if={@live_action == :index} or <%= if @live_action == :index %> or whatever to hide the list, you lose those entries when it gets removed from the DOM. Instead, you need to use Phoenix.LiveView.JS.hide/1,2 or class={@live_action != :index || "hidden"}.

anes

anes

In my case it was because my html container for stream elements was missing phx-update="stream" attribute.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews