dmitriid
I have a weird issue that I cannot figure out:
I have a basic setup where on mount I retrieve items, and add them to the stream:
case Event.all_events() do
{:ok, events} ->
{:ok,
socket
|> stream_configure(:events, dom_id: &"event-#{&1.id}")
|> stream(:events, events)}
{:error, _} ->
{:ok, handle_forbidden_error(socket)}
end
I’m also subscribed to a PubSub, so when an event is updated, I insert/update it into stream:
def handle_info(%{topic: "event:updated:status", payload: %{data: data}}, socket) do
user = socket.assigns.current_user
case data.user_id == user.id or user.role == "admin" do
true ->
{:noreply,
socket
|> stream_insert(:events, data, at: 0)}
false ->
{:noreply, socket}
end
end
For some reason, when I insert the item, all items from the stream disappear, and only this one item is added. If the item already exists on the page, same thing: all items are removed, the item is updated (or a new one is inserted?).
Doesn’t matter if I use at: N or not.
Edit:
Versions:
{:phoenix_live_view, "~> 1.0"},
{:phoenix, "~> 1.7.10"},
{:phoenix_ecto, "~> 4.5"},
{:ecto_sql, "~> 3.12"},
{:ecto, "~> 3.12"},
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 2- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
t0t0
Hi,
do you have
phx-update="stream"on the parent HTML tag in your template?dmitriid
Ahhahah
Somehow I completely missed that one. Of course that was the reason